07 August 2008

Busy Bee

Well since I went back to school and work from being on vacation, I've been ridiculously busy. A month has flown by and I didn't even realize it until I actually found out what the date was. Seafood has been an alright class, nothing too exciting, and at least I'm not doing as sucky as I was in Meats/Poultry - but it's still no Bake Shop! In the past month, Poke has moved in, we bought a new couch, sold my old papasans, and have decided to move to Dublin/Worthington. This decision to move comes from the fact that a guy was shot in my complex last Thursday. Although it was a tenant who shot a robber, it's still a shooting, and it just goes along with everything else that's been going downhill like a California mudslide in April. (I made that up.) This club across the street was finally shut down after 4-5 weeks of shootings every Friday/Saturday night, there are people who walk around my complex looking in car windows and peeking in 1st floor apartment windows, and there is always foot traffic and random people parking and going behind the fence that separates the parking lot from the indoor tennis club and I'm sure what they are doing involves drugs and/or prostitution. All that on top of the fact that I was broken into on St. Patrick's Day! This is upsetting because I still basically live alone, and also I've lived in this area for four years now and never have I had so many problems. Sure, there was my crazy neighbor at The Chateau who was always waving a gun at his girl and one time shot it off, but that was one incident. There were no break-ins and peeping toms and so on. So, we're heading out. Far away from here. Yay! I hate moving but I love it at the same time.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Just make sure you are able to afford the apartment by your self JUST in case it doesn't work out....good luck to the both of you....where at in worthington are you going to move....remember we lived off of 161 and maple canyon for 24 years....trust me that place has really changed.....sooo sad