15 August 2012

Baby Food Jar Candles

I have so many baby food jars, I needed some way to upcycle them. I decided to try my hand at candle making, and to be honest, it was very easy.  Granted, I started out with scented wax from an old candle that had lost it's wick, but melting regular wax would have been just as easy.
  • First I melted the wax in a double boiler.
  • While it was simmering, I tied the wicks to straws and hung them over the mouths as shown.
  • Then, wearing my protective gloves, I poured the hot wax into the jars.
  • The End.
SO EASY!
I swear it took more time to set up the wicks and clean the stupid labels off than it did to "make" the candles.  I spray painted the lids gold, which as you can see I need to find another method of doing... I looked like the tin man's cousin, gold girl. Afterward I tied a ribbon around and glued a button to the middle. Tres cutie!













No comments: