05 December 2007

Hi there.

Let it snow!

As usual people are being stupid and freaking out. There is probably 2-3" (5-7.5cm!) of snow on the ground, and it will all be melted off the road by noon, I'm sure, when it's time for moi to go to school. The trucks were already out dumping brine on Thanksgiving. City was actually prepared this time! But I digress. People are stupid. Unfortunately I fall into this category because I lost my scraper and have to get a new one... after letting my car warm up so the stupid snow can melt off... which will take like 20 min... also I need washer fluid. So yeah, I'm less prepared than the City. Hahaha.

School is going great. There is this one girl that I just can't stand. Everything to her is a competition, and at this point in the game, that's totally unnecessary. When we're seniors and it's me vs her for a job, then it can be competition. Right now is learning time. Everything I do is wrong, or I got the right answer but in the wrong way, or so forth. If she does anything wrong, it's not her fault. She insists on being in charge of everything all the time. At this point, I'm just like wtf Ever. I'm letting it get to me now and I'll just bitch and moan for a bit until I get it out of my system. She really is a nice girl, but goddam I wish she'd shut her trap. She is always talking back to the Chefs too, which is just beyond me how someone could actually smart off to a college (or any for that matter) teacher. Other than her annoying the crap out of me, school rules. I have 120+/100 pts in math (beyond an A+!!) and I got a 98.3% on my midterm, I'm pretty sure I have an A+ in ServSafe, which is safety and sanitation, because I have aced every single test, even got 100% on my midterm!, and as for Cooking, I'm sure I have an A in that too. I got an 81% on my written test in cooking lab, because i mixed up all the lengths of cuts of vegetables. So ghey. But I got 14/15 on my practical (cooking snow peas!) so that rules. At the lowest I have a B+ I'd say, just because we've only had 3 tests. There is one on Monday though. But I should ace it - stupid sandwiches. Although I did lose it over a grilled ham and swiss last week, hahahahha. I dunno what happened btwn my brain and my hands but I tried to flip the damn thing over and it just all slid apart and then this boy was trying to help me and then I was crying and it was sooooooo lame. But I was fine after that. LOL.

I had kinda forgotten abt J1&J2 since it's been over a year since I saw them or even talked to them, til GMc reminded me in a letter about them. I did remember that they moved to Lancaster tho. I guess things weren't going so well with J2's job as a apainter. That's pretty much the story all over this crappy country, esp in the midwest. Everything is so grim. I'm glad I'm going to college and getting a swell trade to work in so that I can pretty much go anywhere in the world, within reason, and get a good job. I'm really looking forward to moving to Massachusettes in abt 5-7 yrs. That is my "long term plan" or whatever they call it.

I woke up at 6am to check the news because all the Chefs were like "we might be closed tomorrow check the closings!" and we are NOT closed and now I'm kinda angry that I missed out on 3 hrs of sleep. Once I wake up it's so hard to go back to sleep, esp when I know I have to wake up a little earlier because it will take me longer to get there and also I have to go to CVS and buy a scraper. LOL. And to the bank because I FINALLY GOT MY STUDENT LOAN CHECK WOOOOOOOOO! $2,833 to be exact, not enough to pay every single bill but close enough. I'm only short about $400 a month, and working at DQ covers that plus extra. My life, it seems, may finally be back on track. I hope.

I was telling GMC that I still have this blog, but I don't update every day like I used to. Sometimes it's only once a week. There is practically no drama in my life anymore, so I really have nothing to talk about! Hahahahaha. I suppose I could talk about the good things. Perhaps I should.

Well I guess I'm gonna go try to sleep for like, an hour and a half now... My poor cats are starving to death over here, someone forgot to tell me we are out of cat food... I think I will give them an egg.

No comments: