03 January 2008

Going on Year Three

Me and Poke on New Year's Eve


Well it'll be three years at the end of this month since I started this blog. I was reading some old posts and I'm just amazed at how things have changed. I'm not as angry as I used to be, there is a lot less drama in my life, and one thing has stayed the same: I'm constantly broke. Lame!

So, let's talk about the last week or so. After Christmas I worked a few days at the DQ, there was no snow anywhere, and things were going just fine. This past Sunday Poke and I spent a wonderful day together doing grownup things - first we went to Penn Station for lunch after I picked him up (it was gross but I think it's just that restaurant cuz it sucked both times I went there), then we tried to go to Revol to get a new battery for his phone but they were closed, then we headed to Easton to exchange the ring I got him for Christmas for a bigger size. I must stop here and says Jesus Mary and Joseph where the HELL did all these people come from?! Granted, I tend to stay away from any kind of public forum during the holiday season, and elected to get all my shopping done on the one day when there was a major snowfall and most schools were closed, at 11:30am on a Tuesday morning when nobody, and I do mean NOBODY but employees were at the mall. Needless to say, I was sure surprised when we got into the mall (after spending oh, about 15 minutes looking for a parking spot) and it was packed! What the heck!? But I digress. After the mall excursion, we headed over to Giant Eagle to get my prescription and to grocery shop for Poke's mom. I benefited by acquiring some cat litter, yay. We dropped off the groceries in a sneaky type-fashion, and then headed off to Marcus Crosswoods to see I Am Legend. I had originally wanted to surprise him with seeing No Country for Old Men, but it wasn't playing for another 3 hours. I Am Legend was a freakin' awesome movie, and I am not even going to say a word about it because every mother fucker in the WORLD needs to see this movie, oh. my. god. After the movie I dropped him off so he could get his car, then we chilled here, had some dinner (tasty but diarrhea causing Banquet Homestyle Bake!) watched a bunch of crap on TV and also watched a good show, The Tribal Life, on TLC or Travel or something. Good Times.

Monday Poke had to work so I laid around the house all day, did a little bit of laundry, but mostly napped on and off. I felt like an invalid! Seriously. Anyway, we were supposed to go to this place called Level One Lounge that is across from my parents' house, but of course Poke abandoned all plans as usual. I actually got to spend some time at his house with Poke's brother and his (girl)friend (strange) because their mom was at the zoo. Around 7:45pm though I started panicking because nobody knew when she had actually left, so nobody knew when she would be home. We headed over towards the Sawmill area, cuz that's where everyone wanted to be at, and decided to eat at Sunflower. The food there was really good, I mean you pretty much can't go wrong with Chinese food, but the service was terrible. Not even like, oh she can't speak English terrible, but just rude waitress terrible. Oh well. After that we drove around looking for Average Joe's because apparently that's where everyone wanted to go. Bah. We drove up and down Sawmill looking for it, I tried calling my parents and my brother to find out if they knew where Hoggy's was since it was next to the bar, and nobody was answering. Finally JWW figured out where it was, called us, and we got there in one piece. Of course we had to wait like 20 minutes for everyone else to show up, but whatever. We started out sitting at the bar, and I was getting really kinda irritated because JWW and his girl and their friend and D*Martin (yes he came with them!) were all talking and Poke and I were kind alienated. I saw a table open up behind us and I made everyone move over there, and finally it was a fun night.

JWW's girl's friend and D*Martin


JWW's girl!


JWW and his girlfriend


Me and Poke


JWW


Poke showin' off his new ring!


Me!


JWW and his girl, just after midnight...


Around 1:00am on 01/01/08 we left the bar and headed towards my parents' house. We stopped at another bar on the way there to get a six pack, and drank that while we laid on the pull-out sofa bed in their living room and watched The South Park Movie. I woke up to my mom calling me from Target to ask if a brown firescreen was OK. I said it was. They had already been to church and breakfast and some other stores. It was only 11:something am! I was sore as a goat because the pull-out is so ridiculously uncomfortable and basically like sleeping on a blanket covering three metal bars. Poke said it was better than my bed. I almost kicked him but I couldn't move because of all the pain. We laid around their house all day, watched American Hustle (which Poke actually enjoyed hahahaha I knew he would), then my mom made pork and sauerkraut and it was good and Poke didn't like it (I will admit the pork was dry and Poke is a gravy lovin' kinda guy) and we ate a lot of crescent rolls. Then we were going to hang out for a little while but my mom was bitching about how we just laid around all day and didn't do anything and said something about how she can't watch her TV til we leave (there are 3 or 4 TVs in the house by the way) and my dad was like "yeah HINT" so we left right then and there.

Shitty shitty weather awaited us outside. It wasn't too horrific, but the snow was blowing all over the road and made it hard to see if it was icy or not. We had planned to go see No Country for Old Men, so that's what we did, and damn that movie is so fucked up. I mean, even if I was a person who never swore or cursed in my entire life, I would have no other description than "fucked up" to describe it. It takes place in 1980, it's kind of a western, it's totally indescribable. I liked it. When we came out of the movie theatre, even shittier weather awaited us. I decided to take 270 home because I figured it would be clearer since there was more traffic on there than the regular roads. Yeah well that was a great plan until this asshole excursion van started tailing me and I started freaking out because they wouldn't pass me, then they finally did and as I was finally calming down a godforsaken semi truck roared past me and sprayed my windshield with crap and i couldn't see shit and I was freaking out even more so I just got off on 23 and took 161 all the way home. It was bullshit. We sat on the couch and watched SVU and finished off the wee bit of alcohol that was still left in the house.

In the morning there were schools and businesses closed and everything. I kept trying to call DQ to see if they wanted me to come in, but nobody answered. I had to take Poke home anyway, so I just got dressed and decided to work. We left the house at 9:30am, got to his place at 10:00 am (a normally 10 minute drive) and I got on 270 by his place and was delighted to see that it was nice and dry and clear so I ended up being only 6 minutes late for work. Work was alright yesterday, sometimes I get really frustrated because my boss (whom I've known for 10+ yrs) likes to make fun of me and put me down and all that, and seeing as I have like no self-confidence at all, it kinda pisses me off. Add his cunt wife to the mix and sometimes work is almost unbearable. But whatever. She snapped at me yesterday and I snapped right back and that's just the way it's going to be until the end of time or I find another job. I applied at a couple restaurants today so hopefully it will be the latter!

After work I got some Chinese food (I have phases where I really don't want to eat anything else, it's weird) and chilled out by myself. Took a little nap, watched mindless TV, drank some beers and settled in for my two favorite shows, WifeSwap and SuperNanny. They were great episodes last night, and there was even a bonus SuperNanny! WOOT! I cleaned the bathroom on commercials, and made a plan to clean today. Oh, I also discovered something last night - although I hate midgets, I have no problem with primordial dwarfs. Very interesting. I was watching some show last night on them too.

I've been up since 9:41am, and it's only 1:00pm. I haven't eaten anything but I'm only now starting to get hungry. I guess I'll have leftover Chinese and probably a quesadilla. I have to remind Poke to bring some meat (hehe) tonight so I can make dinner for us. I'm trying to plan a romantic evening in this wonderful clean new house but I suck at that shit so we'll see how it goes.

The End.

PS - Here is a pic of my new fireplace screen! It's to keep the cats out of the damn fireplace, those monsters...

No comments: