05 May 2012

Orlando Day Two

Last night I was asleep by 8pm and slept til 9am, only waking up for an hour from 2-3am to take care of the baby.  My mom had to chide me for waking up late, despite the fact that I had driven 19 hours from Ohio to Florida and only took an hour nap in the middle. I tried to brush it off. I fed 4L, put my suit on, ate breakfast and got him ready for the pool.  The whole time she's just criticizing everything I'm doing, have done, etc. Finally I'm like "can you stop?" and she says she's just teasing. Grrr. If someone said all that shit to her she'd throw a fit. So whatever, I'm used to it, we went to the pool.
4L LOVES THE WATER! Last night was his first time in a pool, and though he was leery, he was "jumping" forward in the kiddie pool and going under ON PURPOSE. Today we floated him around in this baby raft I got (at a garage sale for $1!).
After the pool he had to nap so mom stayed down there and we came back to the room. I tried to get 4L to nap in a lounge chair but he was too interested in everything else! After the nap we went to Downtown Disney and had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. 4L was a little scared of it at first, cuz the almost life-size elephants move and make noise, plus the whole place goes dark and stormy like a rainforest lightning storm. Once we were done with lunch we walked around and looked in the shops, my mom watched a high school chorus sing for awhile, and at the end we shared an ice cream sundae from Ghirardelli- even my baby had some!
We all tried to nap when we got home but 4L wasn't interested in that so we fed him and then went back to the pool. My dad met us down there but didn't get in; he took pictures. We got dinner from the food court& headed back to the room. 4L ate a few fries, got in his jammies and fell right to sleep. Thursday we're going to the beach with my friend Trick while my mom stays here. Today wasn't bad, it just started rough and ended rough.




No comments: