21 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day! Footprint Gift

For Mother's Day this year, I made a footprint keepsake for my mom and Poke's mom.  It was free, because I had the canvases, the paint, and the little baby foot to make cute little prints with!  This is a very easy project, even if you have a squirmy baby - just enlist your partner's help!

I left the canvas white, and painted 4L's feet from heel to toe in green, yellow, and blue acrylic paints.  On the first try, we stood him up on the canvas and pushed his feet down, but that didn't give a very full foot shape.  On the second try, Poke held 4L like Superman while I pressed the canvas to his feet, one at a time.  Originally I thought I might draw a butterfly or a heart or something using the footprints, but they were so cute and simply precious on their own that I just left them.  I did paint his name and "May 2012" in green underneath the prints.  For the hanger I super glued a pop tab to the back (I've done this on ALL my canvases that are smaller than 8.5"x11", unless they were very bulky/heavy).



Just had to add a note in here that this is my 666th post. Heheheeee!

No comments: