21 May 2012

Orlando, Days Three through Five

4L and I ended up not going to the beach with Trick cuz some little baby thought that sand was for eating... LOL!  My mom and I put 4L in the sandbox at the resort on Tuesday morning and he immediately started shoveling sand...into his face.  Needless to say, I decided that the beach - a giant sandbox, ya know? - was probably a poor place to take an 8.5 month old baby.
Most of the week went as follows: Wake up, eat breakfast, go to the pool, put 4L down for his nap, big lunch somewhere, back to the room for another nap, more pool, dinner, bedtime.  During the day my mom and I had planned on going to this mall where it seemed like there were all kinds of fun things to do, including a bouncy place for 4L.  Unfortunately, when we got there, the place looked abandoned.  We ended up eating at this awesome salad bar restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes, and headed back to the hotel. Wednesday night Trick picked me up around 6pm and he and I went to the Universal City Walk while my parents watched 4L.  City Walk is pretty sweet, definitely for adults only (although some miserable children were drug around by their parents), and on a Wednesday night it was fairly empty.  There are a lot of restaurants, such as Hard Rock Cafe, NASCAR, Margaritaville, etc. as well as a bunch of clubs on the upper level.  We had a Landshark at Margaritaville, a $2 (!!!) beer at the Red Coconut Club, and ended the night at Rising Star Karaoke with a glass of wine for me, a tall Coors for him, and my 3 minutes in the spotlight as I sang "Black Horse & the Cherry Tree" with a live band.  Fun times had by all!  Oh, I forgot - we ate dinner at Del Taco.  Yummmmmmm.  It's like Taco Bell, but just different - like McD's vs BK, ya know?
Thursday was much of the same, only this time we headed out not knowing where we'd end up.  All I knew was that Trick had shown me how to get to that same mall on a much more scenic route which was lined with a plethora of restaurants (and bars and shops etc).  We ate at a place called Brick House, which was delicious.  Thursday night my mom & dad went out to play mini-golf while 4L and I stayed in the room.  I ordered pizza from a place called Flippers, and it was AMAZING. OMFG.  You know how pizza looks in the cartoons?  Well that's how this pizza looked.  You know how cartoon pizza looks sooooo delicious?  Well that's how this pizza tasted.  It was freakin' unbelievable.  They had a special of large one topping plus breadsticks, and the breadsticks were just as awesome.  They were clearly handmade (I could tell by their weird, phallic, unconventional shapes) and literally swimming in a delicious olive oil/garlic/Parmesan pool. *drool*
Friday we had to check out by 11am, even though my dad would be in class til 5pm, so while my mom slept in, 4L and I hit up the indoor pool (it was a wee chilly for swimming at 9am!).  When we went back to the room, the baby napped while my mom and I finished packing up.  Finally around 11:30am, the van was completely loaded and we were on our way back to Downtown Disney.  Before going there, we stopped at CVS to get me some ear drops cuz I had water in my left ear from like two days ago. (Unfortunately it's now five days later and I can't hear shit from my left ear.  I'm pretty sure I ruptured my eardrum trying to get the water out. Boo.)  Lucky for me, the same road that the CVS was on was the road where Eli's Orange World is!  We went in and I found a perfect sticker for the van*, bought some awesome Ruby Red Grapefruit, and ladies swooned over 4L, who ate some of that grapefruit and loved it.
Because we are Catholic and it was Friday, for lunch we went to Fulton's at Downtown Disney.  It's a swell place inside a riverboat on the lake. My po-boy sandwich was awesome, but my mom was disappointed in her fish'n'chips meal cuz it only came with one piece of fish - I had to agree, there should have been at least two, even though it was a pretty good sized filet.  After lunch 4L and I rode on the little train, we walked around, and then I got 4L his first (good) caricature (I had one done once before but it didn't even resemble him a little bit!) which was done to make him look like a really cute little Disney baby.  PRECIOUS!  He needed a change and a nap, so we headed back toward the van.  On the way out I wanted my mom to take a picture of him & me by this waterfall/dinosaur, and that's when all hell broke loose.
And that's all I'm going to say about that.  The ride back was hell.
But overall, the trip was great.

No comments: