15 June 2006

$110, $130, $800

Well, I didn't win the grill on Tuesday, but that's okay, because they ended up not doing a contest anyway. They did it as a raffle instead, and Dooger won, so that's good. At least it wasn't someone shitty that I don't like!

But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Saturday was alright, SL and I hung around all day, grilled some delicious steaks for dinner, and went to JI's at night. It was alright there, no one showed up except SL and me, but at least I got to sit by a bonfire and drink a couple beers. Before we went over there, while we were making/eating dinner, we watched "Goodfellas" which is a very good movie. I kept expecting to see Steve Buscemi, but no.

Sunday SL had to work at 15:00, so we did some stuff, I cleaned around the house a little bit, and typed up a whole ass load of recipes for the Crock Pot again. We went to karaoke, which was cool, and had a pretty good time. The regular ol' crowd was there, TomCat, Moose, Dooger, etc.

Monday I got a note on my door saying that if I didn't clean up my patio, I would get evicted. It claimed I was in violation of some state/city code, blah blah blah. I was furious. My patio is nice, if a bit weedy, but definitely not trashed. So Monday night I ripped out a whole bunch of weeds and picked up what trash was out there. It was hard ass work, I tell you what. Tomorrow SL and I are going to finish it. SL cleaned up the house while I did the patio. It was alright.

Tuesday I talked to the leasing office and they said that everyone in the complex got that note, and the reason is that they are having investors come through to look at the property. That made sense, but I think they could have gotten the point across in a less harsh way, but whatever. We went to karaoke at Brewstirs, where I did not win the grill, but I did get a T-shirt from Miller Lite (SL got one too) and I won five games of NTN Trivia in a row. Hellz Yah. I was doing really great until the end of the night when I stopped paying attention to the game and just gave up. It was great fun.

Last night Dooger and D*Martin came over for dinner, which was hot dogs, burgers, fries, and pasta salad. All home-made, except the salad was from a box. Well, and obviously I didn't make my own hot dogs or cut my own fries. I guess only the burgers were home-made then... dang. But they were delicious. I figured that dinner would feed everyone, since I worry about D*Martin not eating enough (haha) and since Dooger always buys us pitchers and stuff, it would kinda pay him back some. We watched a movie called "King of New York" that Dooger brought over, and it was pretty good. It had Christopher Walken, so that was cool. This movie did have Steve Buscemi, yay.

Today I got paid, and tomorrow SL gets paid (maybe today, if his direct deposit hasn't started yet.) I wouldn't have been short on bills if the dang cats didn't have to get their shots, but that's cool. I got everything paid, I only borrowed $100.00, and I'm not behind, yippy yippy. I also paid my stupid $130.00 speeding ticket. Poo. The only thing I have to worry about saving for now is my damn tax return. I think I owe like $800.00. Fuck the stupid government.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kel -
Come on over to my mom's house this weekend. Tyler and I are around helping with the family garage sale ... Friday and Saturday from 9a-(at least)4p ... we can't hang out at all ... but there are some good treasures
Hope to see you two ...

Anonymous said...

Does my city's weed inspector own your building?