03 June 2006

The Missing Posts. (Previously handwritten in a small notebook.)

April 1st, 2005

Midnight

My plane is suppose to leave in 6 hours but I'm at Zuey's being very nervous. Right about now is when I start telling everyone that I need to go and sleep. The problem is, I am too nervous. Tim, Brian, Doug, Luke, and Billy (who is not Steve Skills) are all telling me I will be fine - but I am so scared of the airport. Finally, around 1:30am, I go home and fall asleep in the recliner. I am awoken around 3:45am by Tony, who is packing my suitcase. I sleep on and off until about 4:15am when I finally get up and finish helping Tony pack. We head out, hit CVS for cigs, stopped back at home because I forgot my paperwork. Finally we head out to the airport. Get there, and I actually move through the check-in fairly quickly. So quickly in fact that I am waiting patiently for my plane by 5:25am - 55 minutes to take off! 6:20am comes and goes - the announce it will be 6:35am. The crew has to get 8hrs of sleep to legally fly. By 6:55am I am finally on the plane. I expected a regular size jet plane, but I was sadly mistaken- my "American Eagle" was more like a mexican airbus. very, very small with 6 passengers, 1 pilot, and 1 stewardess. The flight wasn't bad - take off was fun really - I couldn't believe how fast we were actually going. I thought it would be a more gradual thing but it was really like zoom! And suddenly we're almost 30,000 feet in the air. I looked out the window for about 15 minutes, then I fell asleep on and off until the pilot came on and said we would be landing in 15 minutes. I drank Sprite from a can on the flight. We landed in Boston (over the ocean) at a completely separate terminal. Logan airport was kind of scary, but I made it through and into a taxi that took me to Salem. I got in around 10:45am. Luckily I got to check in early - normal check in isn't until 3pm. I got to the room, made some phone calls to Lani and my mom, and then fell asleep. So many people called me that afternoon - Tony, Lani, Mom, Luke, Shawn - nobody ever calls me on my cell phone but for some reason they al felt the need to call me that afternoon! Around 4:30pm I finally woke up and took a shower. Dinner was in the Tavern - nachos and Sam Adams White Ale. I get hit with New England sticker shock - $13.10 plus tip - $16.00. Oh my gosh. I couldn't believe it. After dinner I walked outside to smoke (the whole state has a smoking ban!) and I asked a very creepy looking woman if she knew where I could go for live music and good beer. The answer was Dodge Street Bar & Grille. Very local place. Locals with thick accents and all. Bartender is about a four on a scale of 1-10 in friendliness. Oh well. New England was never known for its charming residents. I stay until about 10:45pm, just long enough to catch the opening band. While I'm there, Wes calls me and we talk a little, some about work, some about my trip. An old guy sitting next to me kept telling me he was not trying to put a pass on me, but he bought me a few beers, and kept up a very, very boring conversation. It was cold walking back to the hotel, but not too bad. When I got in, I ordered a
pizza that ended up being very cheap with free extra cheese. Sleep came around eleven thirty.


Saturday April 2nd

8:30am

I wake up, and within five minutes room service knocks on the door witha $14.00 breakfast of 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, 2 sausage links, homefires, orange juice and water. Delicious. I laid around for a little while and took a shower followed by some more laying around til I finally left and headed for the Peabody-Essex Museum. It was raining pretty hard when I left the hotel, and since my winter jacket won't be here until Monday, I ran to the museum. The Peabody-Essex Museum was okay, not as exciting as I thought it would be. Not really worth $13.00 either. Oh well, museums are always overpriced. After that I went to the Salem Beer Works for lunch, which was 1/2 Steak Ceasar Wrap, 1 cup of New England Clam Chowder, and a glass of Bunker Hill Bluebeery Ale - Beer made with blueberries and it had real blueberries floating around in the glass. Delicious. I went back to the hotel after lunch and napped from about 4:30pm to 7:30pm. I got up and looked through the hotel-provided directory for something fun to do. A place called Rockafellas had live music, so I went there - it was right down the street. Very nice place - I had foccacia w/pesto, a salad, and baked sea scallops with seafood stuffing and rice pilaf. The owner of the restaurant, Theresa, ate dinner with me. It was very nice. I also had two Harpoon Ales, which I believe is my new favorite over Miller Lite. It's real beer! I walked back to the hotel and had one beer in the tavern and then went to my room to relax, watch some TV, and sleep. I'm not sure when I fell asleep, but at 5:40am, who should call me but Scott. He's crying and drunk - terrible. Tells me he made a fool of himself in fron to f a bunc ho f people. I'm not surprised. He keeps going on, basically uttering nonsense, tells me he wants to drive out here. He finally falls asleep and I hang up. What an odd thing.


Sunday April 3rd


11am

I wake up, shower, call Scott (no answer), and head to Dunkin' Donuts. I actually eat two donuts - I think I've had four donuts total in the last year. I head to CVS to buy this notebook, these shitty pens, some cigs, a razor, and 3 disposable cameras - $32.00. After that I go to the Trollet Shop to buy some souvenirs, shot glasses and postcards. Head over to Witch Tee's and get a shirt for Hailey, Yo, and myself. While I'm in there, Scott calls me. Apologizes for scaring me last night. Tells me he does miss me. Some girl he was trying to date fucked him over, etc. I tell him that he shouldn't even bother wiht other women. He agreed - told me he should stick with me because I'm the only one who is ever there for him. *sigh* I pay for my t-shirts and head back to the hotel. I drop off my stuff and pick up my camera and sweatshirt. Head out into the neighborhood and take 16 pics from The Commons to Darby Wharf. It rains a little but not too bad - its mostly windy. I eat lunch at McSwiggin's (Harpoon and Chowdah) and go back to the hotel for some rest. While trying to rest, Nate (the guy who likes to be tied up) txt msgs me. I txt msg him back to call me. He does, and I give him a dare to do. When he's done he calls me back and we end up talking for an hour while I just chill in the room. Around 7pm I order a cheesesteak and onion rings from Omega. It arrives about 8pm. The onion rings are great but the sandwhich is weird - LOTS of meat, barely any cheese, and no lettuce/tomatoe/mayo/etc. I eat all of it over about an hour - its actually really good. After that I just lay around til sleep.


Monday April 4th


10:00 am

Guest services calls to tell me they have a package for me. It's my jacket - yay! I call work after they drop it off and talk to Lani a little - of couse she has some bullshit drama to relay, I really don't care. I talk to Wes and help him figure out some stuff for work. After showering and watching some of the Pope's procession, I walk to Brother's cafeteria to eat a Greek salad and tapioca pudding with Diet Pepsi. I decided to be touristy today so I went to the Witch History Museum. I was the only person there and it was pretty cool. The girl was nice and I was allowed to take pictures of all the stuff. After that I walked to the Witch Museum where it was me and a family of four. That was pretty cool too. Their little boy was about 4 or 5 and he was scared. It was very cute. I went back to the hotel and balanced my check book and then rested. After a short nap I woke up and walked to Finz, an oh-so-hip seafood restaurant. I spent $60 including the tip, but it was worth it. I had a cosmo martini, a glass of pinot grigio, a baileys and coffee, a salad, and lobster ravioli. After dinner I walked back to the hotel to watch some TV and rest some more.

The End

No comments: