10 June 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Everywhere you go!
Take a look in the Five-and-Ten,
Glistening once again,
With Candy Canes and Silver Lanes A-glow!


I don't even know if those are the real words or not. I'm going strictly on memory here, and seeing as it's 07:59, I'm sleepy recovering from a 6-beer-1.5-shot-somehow-got-drunk-end-taco-bell night, I don't really give a fuck either. Yeah.

Anyway, it's less than 200 days til Christmas.

So, this week. Well, it was alright. Wednesday was boring. SL and I watched a movie, "One Hour Photo" and it was very good. I had seen it a couple times before, and I really liked it. Robin Williams in a serious role is something amazing. Let's see... What else... that was pretty much it for Wednesday. Oh, we had pizza for dinner.

Thursday SL got paid and so we went to Fiesta Jalisco for dinner. I was starting to feel withdrawal symptoms, so I knew we'd have to go soon. The veggie chimichanga and cholesterol-free beans were just what I needed to get my fix. Then, we went home and had a beer while sitting on the beautiful patio, er, jungle, er... patio. Yeah. D*Martin was maybe going to stop by before karaoke, but he didn't. We went to Gordy's and saw him there! They had karaoke on the main level, which was nice. A few folks we know were there, and it was alright. I drank O'Doul's all night because it was my turn to drive. Plus, I'm fucking tired of drinking anymore. We went home around twelve thirty and went to bed. It's the first sign of getting old. Oh! I also got a speeding ticket on Thursday afternoon. It was on Maple Canyon/Community Park, and I should have known better but oh well. Number one, I always speed there (it's a 25 and such a long stretch of nothingness) and I'm surprised I haven't been caught the few times the popos have been out. Two, I should have gone down Cleveland like I wanted to, but the back way out of the bank was crowded so I went down Maple Canyon instead. Three, the fact that there were 2 motorcycle and 3 regular cop cars there made me think that it was an accident, especially since someone busted up the guardrail a couple of weeks ago. Why should I bother to slow way down (I was paced with the car in front of me, who, incidentally, did not get pulled over)? I thought I was going at least 30 mph, but Officer Rall said I was going 38 in a 25. Hard for me to believe I would speed that blatantly in front of a pack of cops, even if I think they're doing something else, cuz you never know, but damn. Oh well, I've gone eight years without a speeding ticket or anything else (besides the Little Turtle garage incident, not my fault, and a few accidents I didn't cause) so I guess I should be greatful. I could have gotten pulled over for a DUI or something. I suppose I was biding my time as it was. Now I have one mark on my adult driving record. Let's leave it at that. I've been feeling really scared with the drinking then driving thing, because I realise that although I may feel cool to drive, I probably wouldn't pass a breathalizer, or even stupid human tricks because I can't even do those when I'm sober. You think my fat top-heavy ass can walk a straight line one foot in front of the other? Dude, I can barely see the line over these hooters.

Yesterday SL finally had the day off after working for two weeks (that's calendar weeks, not business weeks) straight. He had days off from CVS in there, but went and worked with The Sir on those days to make some extra cash. Good, good. He got a couple of things done, like going to get cigarettes, but the dishes from Monday and Tuesday are still sitting in the sink. I'm not really sure what he was doing all day. Maybe he ran the dishwasher. I think he did.
When I got off of work we went to the bank and opened some savings accounts. Mine is limited, meaning I cannot do anything to it other than deposit. If I want to withdraw, I can only do so once a month, and I have to go into the bank and talk to my dude to do it. SL's is not limited, but he still can only withdraw once a month (that's the way the savings accounts are) but he can withdraw any other time and have a fee assessed; also, he can't access the account through his card. I'll be putting away $20 per month to start off with, and SL is putting away $10 per week. We'll have enough money for vacation, divorce, car fixing, and bill paying in no time! I mean, it's basically $240 a year for me and $520 a year for him. That's pretty good. Also, I'm not going to use my credit card anymore, I'm just going to pay it down to zero. That way, once it's paid down, I can just use it for emergencies or splurges or even for the divorce. I figure if I put $20 a month in the savings and $75 a month in the credit card, it will only be about eleven months until I have $1,000 to get a divorce. Too bad I need to get my car fixed too, which is $500, and I have to do that before November... but at $95 a month I'll have that done in five months. So basically we can start expecting a divorce in about a year and a half. Who knows, when we start making more money, we can put more away, and then it could be sooner! In a year and a half I will have been married for almost six years.

Wow, I talked about the bank for a long time.


Anyway, after the bank we had to go to CheckSmart, which sucks. But we needed groceries so badly. Eating out was beginning to get sickening and way expensive. We had Johnny Oak's for dinner; the pulled pork is not nearly as good as the Cajun burger. After that we had some sex and it was good. Haven't said that in awhile. Not that I haven't had sex, haha, I just haven't mentioned it! After the lovin' we went to the brand spanking new Save-a-Lot on Morse Road. Hells Yah. I know it sounds ghetto, but I love Save-a-Lot. It's so cheap. We spent $85 on what would have normally cost over $100 at Kroger. I still love Kroger, but right now we're on a Save-a-Lot budget. Fo'sho. After the grocery excursion we went to Gordy's on a non-karaoke night to see TD for her going away party. We had to pay a $6 cover charge ($3 each) and that was bullshit, but whatever, we stayed until 01:00 and I had four free beers and one point five free shots (I shared one with WR.) I ran into these two kids I used to work with at Dairy Queen back in the day, and that was crazy as hell. I couldn't believe it. They look pretty much the same except the guy had gotten really really thin, compared to what he was in high school. Oh man. The party was pretty fun, I got to see RB, DS, DJ, and a couple of other folks. All in all, a great time. I'm going to miss TD, but at least SL and I have someone to stop and see on the way to West Palm Beach! After Gordy's, we went to WR's because pretty much everyone had headed downtown and I fucking hate downtown (no parking and too many skanks.) Chilled there for about an hour, then headed home because I was tired. Stopped at Taco Bell, and I was seriously about to pee myself I had to pee so bad. I swear to god I have never had to pee so bad in my entire life! The only reason I mention this is because I only had about six beers and those little shots over the course of five and a half hours! Why did I have to pee?! It was terrible. I was shaking and spasming and so on, waiting for the goddamn Taco Bell drive-thru to move faster. Stupid Kia Sportage, taking it sweet slow time. Bastards. When I got home, I felt better, because I peed for like twenty-seven minutes. Ha.
Then, we ate our Taco Bell, watch some Jay Leno, and went to bed.

At fucking 07:30 Herman Sherman called me wanting to know where AK was, as if I would know. Oh well, I guess he has a right to be pissed if AK doesn't show up, because what Herman Sherman was supposed to be doing with AK is closing a loan in Springfield for these deadbeats who are fucking lucky to even be getting a loan since they think that not paying their bills is a good idea. Sheesh. And I want my fucking pay on the goddamn thing too! Oh well. I'm not hungover right now, just very tired, and I think I'm going to go back to bed. I just went down stairs to get some juice and noticed that the box of frozen fishsticks we bought yesterday was chillin' on the stove. I left it there because it's fucking ruined anyway. Oh well, it was only $1.99! Sucks, but that's alright. We'll go get another one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been my experience that overthawed fishsticks are not much worse than properly fishsticks.