21 February 2006

The Good News Is...

... SL is here to stay... for the time being.

Sunday, when I dropped him off at the airport, it was about 16:30, 36 minutes before his 17:06 flight back to West Palm Beach. He ran through the airport, and when he got to the machine to swipe his info and get his ticket and check in, the machine referred him to the desk. He went to the desk and waited for about ten minutes trying to get assistance, until he finally had to yell out "I'm on the Detroit flight!" It was then that a airport person came over and told him he needed to go to a different desk. He went to the other desk and waited and waited, until he had to yell out again, "I'm on the Detroit flight!" At this point it's 14:50. The girl came over, told him that he was too late to check in, and he wasn't allowed on the flight. She checked for stand-by, and there were no flights available Sunday at all. So she said he could get a free flight Monday, but within five minutes of that she said she "read the schedule wrong" and a flight Monday would cost $300.00 or more. So now, SL is stuck here.

I don't mind really, it's just that I can't really afford it so much. I have about $75.00 to get me to the the next check, and that would be just enough for me... but not for two people. He's out looking for jobs today. So far, living with him has been pretty good.

More later.

No comments: