17 February 2006

The True Value of $500.00 (US)

Apparently, my friendship with my former girlfriend and her husband is only worth as much.

After lending me $500.00 towards my divorce, they wanted me to be at their beck and call, catering to every whim they could imagine. I have not changed at all. They want me to break up with SL, they want me to be seriously involved with them sexually, and they get pissed off if I make plans with other people instead of them. It all came to a head last night when she text messaged me asking if I could babysit for a half hour at nine p.m. and cash in a babysitting coupon I had given them for Christmas. However, I had already made plans for that time, the day before, so I told her I was sorry but I couldn't help. The conversation went like this:

K: "Yes that means I can't help you, sorry."
SS: "Thanx, why'd you give me those coupons if I can't use them? I've had a horrible day & only needed your help for 30 mins so I wouldn't have 2 take my baby out in the rain. Call me a bitch but it's starting to look like I'm a much better friend to you than you are to me."
K: "Alright let me cancel my plans for you. They aren't cancellation coupons they're babysitting coupons."
SS: "No, apparently they're worthless slips of paper. Yeah, it's not like I've ever changed MY plans for you or anything or sat around waiting for you to come by HOURS after you said you would. You don't think HELPING YOU OUT changed our financial plans? Keep sheisting people who help you & you'll end up needing help that no one will provide cuz you've burned all your bridges."
K: "I'll do it and I'll be late but Sal's gonna have to be there."
K: "So do you want me to come or not cuz I need to call Torrie and let her know."
SS: "No, it's too late now. I have 2 leave, I don't need your pity, & Sal isn't welcome here."

So this morning I wrote her an email explaining that she is the only person who has a problem with me choosing to spend time with SL over my friends while he's here visiting. I told her that the money they lent me had taken it's toll on our relationship, and I wasn't going to have it anymore. She got pissy with me about how I have to withdraw the money from my PayPal account, threatened me, and that was that. I have no choice but to send the money in $100.00 increments because of how PayPal lets me transfer it to my account, so that is how it goes. I sent out the first $100.00 check today.

My life is a conundrum of drama.

No comments: