13 February 2006

This is just a little Peyton Place

Friday, oh man. I cleaned my ass off! I did all these loads of laundry, colors, blacks/darks (since navy is almost the same as black!), sheets, blanket, and jeans. Oh man. I cleaned my whole house, from top to bottom. I had three bags of trash, two bags of kitty litter (used), and a small bag of random trash, which was mostly stuffing from my papasan cushion that the kittens had clawed up and strewn about. I vacuumed every room in my house, but not the stairs, I steam cleaned under the dining room table, I folded all my laundry and put it away, I made my bed with new sheets, I did all the dishes... Wow. I am so proud of myself. And it only took me six hours! I was supposed to go to SS/Jms house at eight-ish, but I didn't end up getting there til about eleven because I was just a cleaning fool!

Saturday, SL finally arrived. His flight was on time and everything, no problems like the last time, and that was great. We hung out at my house for a little bit and then went to Red Robin with my parents for dinner. It was all great and stuff, til SL had the stupid stupid wait staff come over with an ice cream sundae and yell the Happy Birthday crap. I really hate that, it's so embarassing! But I felt special anyway. After that we went to my parents' house to get my other birthday present, which was a painting of the deceased Pope John Paul II and I LOVED it. Then I harassed my little brother for awhile before he went to his Valentine's dance. We went to Zuey's for one beer and saw KL, then SL and I went to Eldo's to see O's band play and that was so fun! O didn't show up though, supposedly he had a work emergency, but whatever. We still had a great time. I was talking to the trumpet player and singer, his name was Chris Martin but he's not the guy from Coldplay (hehe) and he said that they are looking for a female lead singer. I told him I was the girl he needed, so hopefully someone will get in contact with me. That would ROCK. We went to Zuey's after that for one beer, which I couldn't drink, and talked to some people I didn't know and pretended I did. That was crazy. We went home and it was just good.

Yesterday I had my Happy Birthday dinner at Fiesta Jalisco, and out of all the 20+ people I invited, two showed up. Some people didn't even have the courtesy to tell me they were or were not coming, some cancelled yesterday morning, and some said they were coming and never showed up. I don't know why I'm friends with these people, since I usually bend over backwards to do shit for people, but whatever. GMc and TD were there, and I suppose that makes them the important ones. By the way, all my anger doesn't count towards those of you who had the politeness to call and cancel and/or tell me you definitely weren't coming. That wasn't rude, that was very nice. At least I knew. After dinner SL and I went home and took a nap, then went to karaoke around nine thirty. It was so fun! D*Martin was there, Moose showed up for a minute, GMc was there, and Tomcat too. We had a blast. I sang, like a rockstar, of course. Oh! Geese and SR were there also, and it was so funny: I was singing "Breathe (2am)" by Anna Nalick, and they came in front of me and started bowing down. I almost laughed right through my lyrics! It was great. We had so much fun, I can't stress that enough. I was DRUNK. My tab came to $39.25, and when I went to pay, I didn't have the card and SL didn't have the card, so now I have to go back and pay it this week.

When we got home, we ate a bunch of leftover mexican food, and then for some reason we were crying, and the next thing I knew, I was waking up. I hope the rest of the week is just as good as this weekend.

No comments: