31 May 2006

Sticky Thighs

Currently, it is so g-darn hot in this office that my thighs are sticking to my chair through my skirt. CHRIST! It's only 86 degrees Fahrenheit outside... I don't know why it's so damn hot in here. Maybe cuz I'm wearing black. Maybe not. Who knows. God Bless Ohio. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

Anyway. What an interesting weekend. Friday I worked late, until about 17:00, and then went home and waited for SL to get off work at 18:00. Unfortunately, I fell asleep, and he had to walk home. He was alright though! I don't actually remember what we did on Friday night. I think it was... watch movies. Oh, yes, it was. We watched "The Score" and "Big Fish". "The Score" was pretty good, although I don't really like heist movies because they make me so nervous. "Big Fish" was really good, I had already seen it, but SL fell asleep right at the end. Oh well.

Saturday we woke up really late. Then we went and SL got a haircut. After that we went down to Clintonville/Campus to eat dinner at The Blue Danube. I LOVE The Dube. Oh yeah. Sucks that there is no smoking inside now, but whatever. I should be used to that by now. I had the Hummus Dagwood and SL had the Chicken Club or something. It was delicious. They give you so much food that there are always leftovers, and even SL couldn't finish his chicken burger. We ate them later that night though. After that we went to Carfagnas and bought some Gouda cheese (which SL wanted so bad but ended up hating), and then headed to Meijer to buy a couple of patio chairs and some limes. In between all that we went to ABC liquor and bought some Corona for only $13.47-ish and some Natty Light for like $5.50. So cheap. We went home and chilled and cleaned up a little, and then D*Martin came over. KP and her friend came over way later, and we were calling people all night to come over, but no one could other than them. D*Martin left to go to a karaoke show some friend of his was doing, and when he came back he brought Jstn and some chick with him. They only stayed a little while. I was so wasted, oh my god. At one point I had a slug in my sandal, I banged my toe on the door while I was trying to get out and keep the cats in, and then there was a slug in the house. Oh man. And SL and D*Martin left for like a million hours to get beer and cigarettes and I was left all alone. *sniff* Eventually, all was calm, and SL and I went to bed.

Sunday SL had to work so while he was doing that, I went to my parents' house for Pot Roast. My mom had bought a bunch of videos at this garage sale, and she picked up "Hair" for me, which we watched because she had never seen it. Apparently Treat Williams is in a bunch of Lifetime movies and she was excited to see him. He's a hotty. Even though he's probably like fifty or sixty now... oh well. Still a hotty. I also ironed some patches onto my athletic pants and my old jeans because they are still in alright condition, but there were holes in the legs that bothered me. I'm good at ironing patches on to things. Go me. SL and I both got home around 21:00, and after he inhaled the leftover pot roast, we went to karaoke. Doc ran the show, which was alright, except he's really good at fucking up the rotation, and incidentally in a matter of like five hours, I only sang twice. That was shitty. But GG, Moose, Lda, TomCat, Mr. Happy, and D*Martin were all there, and it was good. A few people loved my singing and told me I should be on American Idol. I was like, hey, thanks. I met another real French guy, his name was Chabik. He was drunk I think. But there was a nice lady named Joanna with him and we were talking about cooking polish food. Good times.
We all decided to head to Hound Dogs, since no one had to work Monday (except Moose.) When we got there, oh my god, it was so packed. SL and I left because it was just too long of a wait, and ended up going to White Castle instead. We got so much damn food. It was hilarious, oh man, when we were done w/the burgers we would sit the little paper box on the coffee table. Well, Mickey thought it was a great idea to try and lick the bottom of one box, and ended up getting his little head stuck inside. He was running backwards all through the living room, until he finally pawed it off. That was so funny. Then we went to sleep.

Monday morning we woke up, and since SL didn't have to work, it was kinda late. We ate some leftover White Castle and then walked to the pool to make sure it was open. It was, so we headed home to change into our bathing suits when SL remembered that he didn't pack his when he moved here. I'm thinking to myself, "How can someone from Florida not have a bathing suit?!" Anyway, we went to Meijer and they had men's suits on sale so SL got one that matches mine exactly for $5.33. That was so awesome. It was orginally $9.99, so he saved 50%. I was thrilled! We went home, changed, and headed to the pool. We were there for almost three hours. It was pretty much empty, except later on these three kids came. They didn't bother us, but I wondered why their parents would let them come to the pool alone, with no lifeguard, and rules that specifically state under 18 must be accompanied by parent. Whatever, they were being good. Some lady came with two little kids too, but they only stayed for a minute. It was fun. After the pool, my parents came over and we cooked burgers and hot dogs on the grill, and I made some pasto salad, and that was good. I fell asleep in the chair after they left because I was so tired from swimming. We stayed in on Monday, and it was nice.

Last night we went to karaoke at Brewstir's in Clintonville. It was okay. I lost at Trivia, and I was bored, but Tf showed up and that was cool. Lda was there too. It was just not a night for being out for me. I felt like going out originally, but then when we were actually out I just didn't feel like it. Oh well. I didn't get drunk, I drove home, and then we went to sleep.

Today, I got paid. I'm happy because I only have to borrow like $300.00 instead of the usually $450.00 or $500.00. Thank god. Hopefully this will be one of the last few times I have to borrow. Hopefully. Tonight, I am getting my nails done because it is an absolute necessity. They look like really large talons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do the chickens have large talons?