15 August 2006

Le sentiment de l'amour vient et disparaît.

I got my hair cut on Friday, five inches cut off. Yippy. SL got a buzz.

Shawshank Redemption is a very good movie. So is Crash. In addition, Amelie, Happenstance, and Dirty Pretty Things are good movies too. A Very Long Engagement, and L'Auberge Espagnole are very awesome.

I have a blockbuster.com account, by the way. It's new. Can you tell I love Audrey Tautou as well? Oh yes. She's beautiful. I figure her beauty is enough to keep SL engaged in a french film with english subtitles even though he probably hates it.

So, I had a dream that I was tooling around town with my ex-boss. It was strange. We were buying things, like a weird large clock that kinda looked like a bird house on a tree... kinda. I was wearing a white outfit and a big hat. I worked in an old-fashioned type bank office, the dark and stuffy kind. Very strange.

SL and I went to the fair on Saturday and that was fun. We got there around eleven thirty in the morning, and luckily all the rides were open and had short lines. We went on this crappy "haunted house" which was really a short ride through a hot building with loud noises that were not scary. Then we went on Flying Bobs (yay!) which was scarier than I remember it being, after that the giant ferris wheel, then the avalanche (?) roller coaster, then this drop thing. Oh my god, the drop thing. The roller coaster was fun, but the drop thing was SCARY. You had to jump up into this sort of bicycle seat, and then they lock you in. Slowly you ride to the top of this stick, and then BAM! it drops to the ground. Sucks too because you're like way up there and there is the click noise, then it's silent. Then you drop. Yipe. After that we went on the Crazy Mouse, which ruled. This little girl and her grandpa sat next to us, and this rollercoaster had a thing that took your picture, and our faces were so funny. The grandpa's mouth was like twisted to the side, the girl was holding her breath, SL was trying to look cool, and my mouth was open like three feet wide with my hair flying straight up. That was awesome. I wanted to go on the Tilt-a-Whirl but it was closed, and the Scrambler but SL didn't want to. He wanted to go on the spin thing and the Gravitron, but I told him no way. I didn't want to puke! We walked around a little bit then, looked at some stuff, got some free shirts, got some free crap from the Army and some other places too. They had all the vendors and stuff in these three pavilions, and it was SO crowded. I was irritated. Then we went and got a corn dog. Mmmm. We were going to eat some fair food, but then I saw a sign for "All you can eat smorgasboard! Upstairs!" So we went upstairs of the Ag/Hort building and there it was, $8.75 per person buffet of delicious fair-type country food. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, black eye peas, pizza, cake, oh yeah. It was great. And we got stuffed too! For the same price as only a little bit of fair food would have cost. Right on. We walked around the Ag/Hort building then, and I got to pet a gigantic white rabbit that was like two feet long. It was soft, but creepy. Then we looked at some chicks and they were so cute. That would be chickens not girls. There were no cute girls at the fair, only hillbillies. We got our picture taken for free in front of some bushes, haha, and that was alright. The photo turned out pretty cool considering it was free and printed on stock card. Also we looked at some paintings/mixed media art projects of all the counties in Ohio, and voted for two of them. I chose Harrison and Auglaize. I don't remember what SL chose. Then we looked at the flowers and gourds and stuff that won prizes, like the huge pumpkin. We looked at some bees, and then SL won a pedometer by getting a bean bag in the hole playing CornHole. After that we walked around some more, went into the Coliseum and watched some horses walk around, went outside, decided we were lost... at some point we watched a parade go by... Then we were going to go on the sky ride but it was extra not included in the all day unlimited ride wristband so we didn't. I saw BR working at the Kool-Aid/Country Time/Crystal Light booth ($7 for a cup and free refills all day!) and I haven't seen him in awhile. We watched a helicopter that was supposedly the BatCopter take off ($30 per ride!) and did not go see the freak show. Then we were going to ride some more rides, but by this time it was so packed that all we got on was the Musik something or other. Kinda like Flying Bobs except it doesn't swing and it goes backwards. Fun! We were going to get a funnell cake, but I changed my mind, so we were going to leave. We hopped on this shuttle thing and thought we were going to the parking lot but it turned out that we were going to the other side of the fair! I was excited then because I thought I would get to see the cows and sheep, but alas, we still weren't in that area. We did get our blood sugar tested though, and mine is 127. SL's was 113. I think it was rigged though because I just ate some free Turkey Hill Ice Cream right before I took the test! Turkey Hill is the one with muscley cows on the commercial, who/which are gross, but the ice cream is good. We got some free samples of Glucerna crap, yuck, and then we really did leave. It took about 20 minutes to just get out of the parking lot, which sucked majorly.

After the fair we were slightly sunburnt, but we had applied sunblock #30, so we weren't too bad. Except the top of SL's head, which was tomato-ish. We went home and dropped off all our goodies from the fair, and I changed, and we headed over to WR's house for a party. When we got there, it was already rockin', I suppose. There were like five chicks in the hot tub, and I knew all but one of them, who happened to be TB's girlfriend (who isn't really is girlfriend he says, but whatever.) They were wasted from drinking this miracle tonic, "Skippy Doo" which is a combination of beer, vodka, and pink lemonade. I did not try any and I never will because YUCK. So anyway, we drank, talked a lot, and then at the end of the night I ended up in the hot tub in my underwear hahaha but it was okay because my underwear was less revealing than their bikinis, and also they were all way more wasted than I was. Definitely. I was crunk though.

Needless to say, Sunday I slept way in and pretty much did nothing all day long. SL had to work 11-7 so that was alright. I did go to Kroger though, and I bought $112 worth of groceries. It was wonderful because they had all their meat on sale and I got some pork tenderloin, some chicken, some steaks, some other kinds of beef, all expensive shit for buy one get one free! It was awesome. So totally awesome. After work SL had to go practice softball for the CVS company party game, which I had forgotten, which upset me because I had a very nice dinner planned that ended up with me eating ramen instead. I took SL to the baseball field where he didn't hit very many balls... but that's okay cuz he hasn't played in years I suppose. Then they all wanted to go drink so I dropped SL at the bar and went to my parents' house. I didn't feel like hanging out because 1) we couldn't afford two people drinking those expensive beers and 2) I was irritated from the whole ordeal. SL was out drinking for three hours.

Last night we went to karaoke at Triple 16, which used to be the Cabana Club, where we went two weeks ago and it was shot city. It was shot small town last night, Cat only bought us three but that was more than enough because I never expect her to buy us anything. It's cool when she does though, that's for sure! It started out kinda crowded, which was swell, but ended up being me, SL, Cat, the bartender and her dad (who owns it), Rochelle and this lady Tracy that I met when the Psycho and I were dating. She runs karaoke down in Pikerington. Refer to June 2005 if you don't remember The Psycho! But how could you forget? I digress. We were the only five-six people singing, and it was great. I had themes, first it was "Black" and I sang Black Velvet, Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (which I fucking rocked on by the way!), and Paint it Black (which I will never sing again because I literally mutilated it.) Then I chose a beer theme, which included Beer Run (the Garth version, I just kinda beat that one to the ground), Pour Me, and Here for the Party. I'm getting pretty good at singing country. Then I kamikaze-d myself, and ended up singing (stupid poopy terrible) Creed's "With Arms Wide Open" which I actually rocked on, Blessid Union of Soul's "Hey Leonardo" (eh) and... I don't remember the other one. Then SL kamikaze-d me (cuz I had made him sing Wait and Roxanne) and I sang "Funky Cold Medina" which, for being the whitest honky in Ohio, I did pretty well. Around one thirty Rochelle and Tracy left, and at the same time Crash called Cat and told her that he was at the hospital and they were going to take his gallbladder out. So Cat gave us her drinks and we helped her load up the car and that was that. We spent $21.00 and drank about $50. Rock on.

Oh did I mention that I'm going to learn French? Also I'm going to become fluent in Spanish like I used to be. Go me.

No comments: