19 February 2007

Why I Cry Every Sunday

Every Sunday I read The Dispatch front to back. The only parts I skip are Sports and all the ads. It's very interesting to read the newspaper, because there are so many stories and articles on so many different topics that you just don't find on the internet. I mean, if you were looking for the info you could find it on the web, but it's all right there in the paper! Besides, you can't find what you don't know you're looking for. Anyway. There are usually two full pages of obituaries, which is really sad. That means so many people died, and so many people cared enough to write something about them, not to mention all the folks who passed away and didn't get an obituary. I usually cry over the people who were very old, who have really long passages about them and all the great things they did in their life, and I cry over the people who died really young. What gets me really choked up though are the "In Memoriam" blips. I've posted one below, it made me just bawl. Someone cares enough about this woman, still, after forty seven years, to remember her in the newspaper! So touching. I get a little annoyed that almost every obit says "So-and-so went home to be with the Lord", but I like it when they say things like "John Smith completed the final chapter of his life" or "Jane Doe ascended into heaven on Saturday" or "Joe Smith slipped from the bonds of this world into the next" and things like that. One got me really going, it said "The Lord whispered in her ear to come home to Him" or something similar. So touching! I hope someone writes a good obituary about me, like the one below. This woman was apparently frickin' awesome.





On a lighter note, I had a very boring weekend... except for Friday! I went out to Groucho's to have fun and meet a very nice boy. He took me home and stayed til 4am. It was all well and good. Yahoo!

No comments: