12 November 2005

I Have Returned!


Oh man, Florida was great. Actually, Florida sucks monkey balls, but SL was fucking wonderful. I am so in love.

I left Friday night at about ten thirty, after working all day and only getting an hour and a half of sleep in before I headed out. I was too excited to sleep. The first part of the drive was pretty easy, but once night turned into day it started to suck so bad. I made it halfway and ended up at a travel plaza in South Carolina where I had to sleep for an hour. I got back on the road around 8am, and by the time I reached the Georgia/Florida border, I was feeling pretty shitty again. I talked to SL on the phone a bit, and to KG and GG also, but I was taking these Pep-Back pills (basically like No-Doz) and they were making me shake. I made it into West Palm Beach at around 4:45pm. Drive time was about 17 hours! That was awesome.

When I saw SL coming out of his building, I was shaking so much. It was a combination of those pills and my nerves just going crazy. I couldn't barely move. We went into his place, and sat on the couch for awhile; I called my dad and GG to let them know I had made it safely. SL and I had some quality time after that, and then we headed to his friends R&R's house, which seemed like it was out in the country. They were an interesting bunch, I tell you what. We drank some beers with all these people, and I kept falling asleep on the couch. SL and I were bad, we effed on his friend's bed like three times (hehe!) but she wasn't there so it was alright, plus he was nice and washed the sheets for her in the morning before she came home. The only shitty thing was the girls called (they were seriously in the middle of nowhere called "Corbett", camping) and said that some dudes they knew were harassing them. It was just a ploy to get attention because that's how R&R's relationship is, but we went anyway and I found out that my Mustang can off-road. Not very well, but it still can. I slept in the car while SL, R1, and N went and checked on them. I had to sleep there that night because my hotel wasn't ready until Sunday afternoon.

Sunday we checked into the hotel and stayed there pretty much all evening til we got some food and went to see R&R again. R2's mom was kinda in a bad mood so we didn't stay. SL and I went to IHOP for the first time ever in my life. I actually ate pancakes with lots of syrup - 1 piece with maple syrup, 1 piece with butter pecan syrup, 1 piece with blueberry syrup and 1 piece with strawberry syrup. It was great. I had an omlette too but it wasn't that good.

Monday SL overslept for work so he didn't go in. We hung out with R1 for some of the day, and went to the mall. In the late afternoon we went to the Hong Kong Buffet and it was really good. We were talking about things to do for the rest of the trip and SL says, "I have a good idea! Give me the keys, my good idea is in the car." So he goes out to the car and comes back and I don't see him holding anything or anything like that so I think to myself that that was very strange. A few minutes later while we're still eating he says "Here." And hands me a little white jewelry box. Now, of course, I have a momentary freak out because it's about the same size as a ring box, but I open it, and it's a beautiful diamond and gold heart necklace. Oh man. I almost cried in the restaurant but I kept my composure. We left a little bit later and headed to R&R's again. We were going to hang out there but R2's mom still didn't want anyone over. We got some Captain Morgan and Sprite, and headed back to the hotel. The only problem was, the damn Sprite was flat. Here's a pic of me kicking it:
So we got some beers instead. We didn't get drunk or anything, just hung around and talked and laughed and took a bunch of pictures of each other.

Tuesday SL had to go to work so I dropped him off and went back to the hotel where I slept until about noon. He sent me a txt msg while I was sleeping that said "I think for you I might wanna try the long distance thing. Just thought you might wanna know that. Love you baby. SL" And at that point, I was the happiest girl alive. That night we went out to dinner with VM that I used to work with. It was great, we went to Brewzzi, which I suppose would qualify as an Italian Bar and Grille. I got to see this kid Adam who I haven't seen in almost a year (I haven't even seen VM in that long either) and also VM's brother who I haven't seen in about a year and a half. It was really a fun time, I met a couple of other guys who work with them, and they were really nice. One kid was in the Army so he and SL were talking about that a lot. VM offered me a job, and I half considered it for about half a second until I realised what a bad idea it was. I love VM as a friend but I could never work for him. Plus I could never leave the job I have right now, it's too awesome. Also, what would be the point of moving to Florida if SL is moving to Jersey in about 5-6 months? After dinner, SL and I drove around and around, he showed me some really awesome mansions on the ocean, some beaches, and downtown West Palm Beach. It was so nice, just riding in the car with him, talking and laughing and all that.

Wednesday SL overslept again so he didn't go to work. We spent the whole day driving around and picking up his friends and stuff, and I was kinda irritated because we had started out going to the beach and it was my last day there and I wanted to spend time alone with SL and make it as special as possible. At one point we stopped back at his house and R1 and I were alone in the car, and he was like, "Why are you so sad today?" and I told him it was because I was leaving tomorrow and I had wanted to spend time with SL, alone. So R1 said he would make this other girl take him and R2 home, and he got out of the car and talked to SL and it was all good. (Shoutout to R1!) SL wanted to go back to the hotel but I still wanted to go to the beach, so we stopped at Subway and ate dinner, then headed to the beach. It was Riviera Beach, behind all these hotels and really expensive condos. We walked down a long walkway and when we got to the sand I was amazed. I have never been to the beach before, except for Lake Erie, which isn't big like the ocean, and the "beach" that is in Massachusettes which is really more like rocks and then ocean. The water was so warm and I rolled up my jeans and stood in the wet sand and wrote "Kelly hearts SL" all over the place. We kissed for awhile, and it was so romantic because the wind was blowing and the waves were crashing and the half moon was shining down on us as the Palm Princess sailed past, all colorful and bright. It was so beautiful and I didn't want to leave, but we had to go back to the hotel for quality time. Wednesday night we actually got a bit drunk while we watched movies on TV. We talked to GG a little and SL thanked her profusely for hooking us up. Near the end of the night, I cried a lot and he cried too which I thought was so sweet. He said the only other woman to ever make him cry was his mom so that made me feel really special.

I woke up Thursday morning around 6am. I couldn't find my necklace and I was crying, but then I found it in the dirty laundry bag. How it ever got there, I could not tell you. I was so sad inside that I couldn't really cry over leaving though. SL and I got some breakfast from the hotel (it was complimentary) and packed up and took him home. I cried a little bit at his house, and then I got on the road eventually around 9am. The drive back was so easy compared to the way down. I only hit some rush hour traffic in North Carolina, and shortly thereafter I had to stop and buy a car charger because my battery had died for my phone and I didn't want to be driving all that way without contact to the world. I talked to SL for a long time (he decided that very day to get mobile to mobile so I got it that day too and now we can talk whenever for free) while I was driving, and he came up with a great plan that I'm not going to talk about just yet because I don't want to jinx anything. Eventually I let him go to sleep, but it wasn't long til I reached Ohio's border and called GG. She and I talked for two hours, the exact time it takes to get from the border to my parking space - literally, one hour, 59 minutes, and 20 seconds. I got home around 2:30am, plunked all my crap down, took a shower, called SL to let him know I was home, and went to sleep.

I worked on Friday, and I was so damn tired. It wasn't too bad though. I went home and took a nap after effing around with CVS trying to get my pictures developed. Then around seven I met up with GG and IH at Fiesta Jalisco for some authentic Mexican cuisine. We went back to my place after that and GG got to meet my kittens and IH got to see my house for the very first time. I took some pictures of GG and the kittens and of IH and all the animals randomly. Wendell was behaving herself very well and the kittens weren't too afraid of her, just curious and a little scared because I'm pretty sure they have never seen a dog before in their lives. Mickey sat on GG's lap the whole time. We went to Zuey's after that and I talked to Ferfer and SR and D for awhile, then I took a bunch of pictures of GG and IH, DG and TG, and RC. It was all quite fun and I had a very nice buzz going on. RC asked if I could take him home, which was a little weird, but it was okay. We were watching Jurassic Park and laying on the futon, which wasn't strange, but then he was falling asleep (I assume) and he was touching my tits and being a little odd with what he was saying, so I left. It was quite uncharacteristic of RC to do something like that, so I'm hoping he was just asleep and didn't realise what was going on. I talked to SL on the way home and also a few times when I got home, and then I crashed out on the couch because my bed is far too empty without a SL in it to keep me warm.

I hope he can come visit here in about a month.

No comments: