18 November 2005

Strange Dream, I've Lost Count

I am the best number one flea killer in the county. I make my living flicking fleas off animals and stabbing the flea through the shell with a toothpick. No animals in this or the four surrounding counties have fleas; in fact, the fleas don't even bother to take up residence in these counties because they know they will be killed. I have altered evolution.
I eat at the Papa John's attached to the K-Mart every night. They know me there, after all, I'm a local hero. This Papa John's isn't like the regular pizza shop though, it's an actual restaurant much like Applebee's or TGIFriday's, and they allow all animals to roam free. I sit at a booth in the front that has pictures of me with various animals and their owners and my trophies surround the booth. I'm sitting there waiting for GG and Wendell to come in, but they aren't together. Apparently they have moved on from each other. GG is trying to convince everyone that she's no longer blind, however, she keeps tripping on and bumping into things. She's carrying a leash around just in case Wendell decides to come back to her. Wendell comes in, and she goes underneath the table to sit with the other dogs. They aren't seeing eye dogs, just regular dogs. GG tries to get Wendell to put her harness on, but Wendell is having no part of it and starts screaming. I've never heard a dog scream in real life, so I'm not sure if that's what it would sound like or not but it was gross.
This other girl who is sitting at the table with us is pretty ghetto fabulous. I get up to get my food, and I knock my purse over, and all these receipts fly out, and Wendell eats them. The ghetto girl is yelling at me and GG for making a mess, so I just leave. When I get home I hear something quacking outside, and I realise that my ducks are ready for picking. I go outside and there, hanging from a sort of maple tree, is a mauve-colored pod that is cracking open. A mallard duck (female) breaks out of it, but her beak is still attached to the branch. The duck twists and twists until her beak breaks away and she falls into this nest thing below the branch. In this nest are about ten baby ducks, in various stages of growth - some so teeny you can barely see them, some big and fluffy. As I'm looking for my ladder to get up and get the baby ducks down, my phone rings and it's SL. I can't answer the phone in time, but I try to call him back and I get his voicemail. All it says is, "Hi this is Sal, if you're calling about the white or green hondas, they've both been sold." As I'm listening to his voicemail, he calls back, only this time it's in real life, interrupting my dream.

Weird.

I talked to SL for a little while. He started a new job today and has to be there at 8 a.m. so he called me around 7:30 a.m. I didn't mind because I love hearing his voice first thing in the morning. I know I told him about my dream and he was like whatever lady because I'm sure I wasn't making much sense. We talked for about ten minutes or so while he rode the bus to work, and then I went back to sleep. My sleep last night was terrible. I fell asleep around... oh, I don't know, maybe like two-two thirty a.m. and woke up at six a.m., boiling in my pajamas and roasting under the covers. I got up, took off all my clothes, opened the windows wide and turned on the fan... but I was still hot. I finally fell asleep around six thirty a.m. after listening to my loud fucking neighbors scraping their windows and starting and re-starting their cars. It was ridiculous. That's when I had the dream, between six thirty and seven thirty when SL called me.

Last night I went to karaoke with O, and it was pretty cool. I sang awesomely, except for "Skin" by Rascall Flatts which I fucked up royally. I love that song and I think I can do it but I will need to practice more. I met Zara's little brother and his two friends, one of whom bought me a beer, and they were all really nice. Tomcat was there, and Moose showed up right before I left. Poke, Cameron, and D*Martin were there, which was a little unusual because Poke and his crowd haven't been coming except for D*Martin. Poke was alright, I made a real effort to be nice to him, except for I think he may have thought that I was going to fuck him or something because he kept kissing me and putting his arm around me. He was nice though, but I wasn't too happy about being fondled so much. D*Martin was being his regular self, that was cool. They made a big mess on the floor with popcorn, it's a good thing Wendell wasn't there! I found out Poke has a myspace, so when I got home I added him and left a nice email. Ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have my space too. staceysch