21 November 2005

Lazy Alcoholic Homosexual III

Alright, on with it.

I think I left off when we bought the rings.

April 23rd, 2002. We pick up the rings at Zales, and come home where he proposes in the living room. He got down on one knee because he wanted to "do it right" and of course, I said "yes." We decided to get married in October or November, but didn't set a date right then. I've always wanted to get married on November 17th, so that was the day I had in my mind, and I'm so glad we didn't do that... Now I can still get married on that day to a better man. Anyway.
I went to work the next day (I had taken a couple sick days) and showed off my ring to everyone. I was so happy, or so I thought. We went to my parent's house that night and I showed my mom the ring and she was less than thrilled. My dad was out of town so we called him to tell him the "good news" and he was WAY less than thrilled. We told them we weren't going to get married until the fall, and they said it was better that we waited.

That Friday, MMA decided to move in. He brought over all his stuff in the afternoon while Megan was home and I was at work. He was setting up his entertainment center in the basement and Megan and I went to get beer and cigarettes. When we got to her parents' house, their dog had run away the night before. They had had this dog for like ten years so we went to the pound to try and find it. I didn't have a cell phone so I didn't call MMA, but I didn't think we had been gone that long until we got back to my house and realised it had been about two or three hours (there are a lot of dogs at the pound.) Well MMA had gone home by this time, but he made sure to leave a nasty note on the door. I called him and apologized for being so long, but he wasn't having any part of it. I drove over to his house in a panic, crying. When I got there he was so cold to me. We attempted to talk, and that basically consisted of him yelling at me, and in the end I took off my ring and set it in the cupholder. If this was the way he was going to resolve conflict I would have no part of it.

He decided to be nice at this point. We made up, he apologized for being so mean, but to this day I'm sure he would still tell you that he's positive that Megan and I were having sex somewhere. This was the very first of many times when he accused me of cheating on him, as well as the first but not only time he claimed Megan and I were lovers.

I ended up losing my job that next week, but MMA said he would be able to support us for a little while with his website income. I tried to find a new job, but it was difficult. He got a job with his friend Kit working at Budget detailing cars, and lasted one day. He didn't like his boss. That weekend we went to Michigan to visit his grandparents on his mother's side. I drove all the way from Columbus, Ohio to Muskegeon, Michigan with no help from MMA. He slept nearly the entire time. We arrived early in the morning and didn't want to wake up his grandparents, so we got a room at the Seacrest Motel which was quite trashy. We slept for a couple hours then drove over to their house where I met the grandparents and his mother's sister and her husband. It was fairly uneventful. That night we spent in the hotel was fairly boring, and I happened to be in my special time of month. When I suggested having sex, MMA just about had a heart attack - That was the most disgusting thing he had ever heard of! How could I suggest such a thing?! I was hurt that he would treat me that way, instead of just saying "No" or "I'd rather not." He acted like I was diseased.

The next day we went to lunch with his grandparents to a little Italian restaurant that they apparently frequented. They paid, it was very nice. They were nice people. MMA and I went back to their house after that, and I noticed a missed call on my cell phone. It was Megan. She was just calling to see how the trip was going. MMA got so pissed. He forced me to tell her that she had to move out by the time I got home (which was six hours from that point) and that she had better never come back. By "forced me" I mean he actually pushed me up against the wall in his grandparents' spare bed room and told me what to say to her while holding the phone to my ear. I didn't have a choice, I couldn't make a scene in their house...

When we got home to Columbus, Megan was gone. She took some of my CD's and my stereo, and removed the pipe from the washer to the drain (which I found out a few days later when I did laundry and the basement half flooded.) I was sorry for doing what I did, but I wasn't allowed to call her. This was when MMA really started his evil-ness for the first time. He would monitor my calls and check the caller ID and hit redial after I made a phone call to make sure I wasn't calling her. She had moved in with my friend RMac, and I wasn't allowed to call her either because I might be trying to sneak in a call to Megan.

~To be continued~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I haven't read your blog before, and only this one entry, but run, don't walk away from this guy.

K said...

I wish someone would have told me that four years ago. Now I have to stick around to get a divorce.