01 October 2006

Money Money Money Money!

Couldn't think of a better title.

Friday, KP and I went to the House of Japan for dinner. We had 8pm reservations. We still had to wait when we got there though, so we sat at the bar for a drink. I had a vodka and grapefruit and she had Crown and grapefruit. Hers was nasty, I had to admit. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of Crown. I'm far too white. Ha.
We finally sat down at our table, and by this point we were both starving and excited all at once. The meal was AWESOME. It was an interesting set up, the table, which was eight people all together. Two on either end and four on one side. So it was another couple and four folks who apparently were friends, and worked out quite well. The meal was a lot of courses! First they served us some mushroom soup, which was broth, green onions, and mushrooms, kinda like wonton but without the wontons, haha. Then there was salad, which was some sort of strange delicious dressing, bacon bits (!) and lettuce. After that the fun began. Oh I forgot to mention our gigantic drink, the Mt. Fuji. It was some sort of rum & juice drink, very very huge, in a big cup with a flame in the middle of it! It stayed on fire for like 15 minutes too! And they gave us two long straws to share it. Anyway, then our chef came out. He was an asian guy, not all the chefs were, and he was funny. Young guy too. He did the tricks like flipping an egg into his hat, flipping a shrimp into his pocket, and of course there were some fire tricks on the grill. It was awesome. We had shrimp, lobster, chicken, filet mignon, veggies, and fried rice. KP got some egg sauce pancake stuff on all her food, but I didn't like it. Oh shoot, I forgot to mention that we had sushi too! Octopus, which was delicious, and Sea Urchin which tasted good but I didn't like it because the texture was mushy. We were there for about two hours, and it was so fun. KP hadn't slept the night before, so I dropped her off and went home and watched TV. I'm so exciting.
Saturday I hung out with GG, as you can see from my previous post! We went to Jersey Mike's and got some subs, and it was, as always, delicious. Then we were looking for something to do, but there was nothing cheap and it was raining, so we couldn't even take Wendell to the park. We ended up driving around Columbus for a little while, and then headed back to her house. We chilled in her room and talked for a long time, then went out and watched the end of the Busch series race with TG and DG. After the race TG and DG left for a little while, and GG and I ate the tastiest chicken wings ever, from Kroger. The OSU vs Iowa game was on at 8pm, so we watched about half of the 1st quarter, when TG informed us that we were out of beer. GG and I headed to Kroger and got so much beer, and some brownies. When we got back, OSU was kicking ass! Yeah! We watched the game and talked and had so much fun. It was probably the most relaxing fun day I have had in a long time. We talked about so many different things, and it was sometimes funny and sometimes serious and sometimes sad but it was such good conversation. I had such a wonderful day.
Today I was maybe going to go with Dooger and his kid to Magic Mountain, but he hasn't called me yet so it probably won't happen. Later I will most likely go to GG's for ribs and potatoes, and then she and I are going over to Eldo's for a little bit. I have to meet up with D*Martin and Dooger at Brewstir's later after that, so I have a busy night ahead of me!

No comments: