22 October 2006

The Most Romantic Thing that EVER Happened to Me

Friday night was SK's game vs. St. Charles, and, of course, his team won. 34-0! It was great. The janky old stadium was packed, so my parents and I sat on this hill outside the stadium until half time when we got in for free and stood by the fence behind the goal post. It was pretty cold, but not too bad. I guess they are going to revamp the whole athletic "complex" next year, with a new baseball field too, but that won't matter to us because next year vs. St. Charles will be a home game! Anyway, it was fun.
Yesterday JAFH and I went to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival, the 100th one, and it was okay. I was expecting more pumpkin-y stuff, but it was more rides and fair food than anything. They had some crafters and vendors, but nothing we were really interested in. It was kinda cool to watch the parade though, especially when they had a float with all the past Pumpkin Queens on it, some little old ladies that were so cute! Also my high school band marched in the parade, but since I graduated six years ago I didn't recognize anyone. Not that I really could make out the faces anyway! Overall, a fine time. We went back to his parent's house and he asked if I wanted to get in the hot tub. I didn't bring my suit, and of course, he said that didn't matter. Normally I would have been cool, but since his parents were home (asleep!) I was a little weird about it. But JAFH said that he had a whole Sweetest Day plan for me. So I agreed. We went out to the patio and he took the lid off the hot tub, and brought this bench out, and lit a candle. I was like, "awww" while I'm taking off my clothes, not realising that the best was yet to come! He told me to get in the tub while he got things ready, and I was all excited and stuff, and while I chilled (well, warmed up I guess, since the hot tub was 104 degrees and the outside air was about 39) in the tub, JAFH brought out a bottle of wine and two glasses. It was so sweet and romantic that I actually got a little choked up. Nobody, and I mean literally, NOBODY, has ever done anything that romantic for me. The closest was when my old friend Jim sent roses to my high school when he missed my play! I was stunned that JAFH came up with such a romantic plan, just for me. We relaxed in the hot tub for about two hours, and then I was getting pruney and there were other things to attend to, so we got out. I was still weird about his parents being home, but it was okay. By this time it was about one a.m., so we quietly snuck up to his room (I was supposed to be sleeping in the guest room) and spent some wonderful quality time together until about three a.m. when we both started to drift off. It was so awesome, spending time with one of my best friends in a romantic situation and not having to worry about weirdness. One of the best moments was when we were kissing, and he leaned back and looked at me, and I was like, "What?" and he says, "Gorgeous. Just gorgeous." I thought I was going to die of happiness.
This morning JAFH woke me up around nine a.m., he had already showered and everything, and while I showered he ran over to Jolly Pirate to get some pumpkin shaped donuts. I only had one because I'm not a huge fan of sweet stuff, but it was pretty good. We went to Circle S farms (The S stands for Sucks) where it was super muddy, slightly cold, and very windy. It cost $8.50 to get in, which was kind of a rip off since there was practically nothing to do. But I did get to meet his cousin and her baby and her husband, go on a hay ride, and get a big fat pumpkin to carve. Not an awesome time, but not a terrible time. I had fun even though I did get covered from foot to knee in mud! Oh, and I got to sit on some hay in a barn. We came home from there, ran some errands for TH (JAFH's mom) and when we got back dinner was ready... pot roast! Yum! It was great. JAFH had to leave to go back to Cuyahoga Falls around three, so I left at that time too. Came home, and took a nap. I was worn out from my exciting weekend! And the best part is, B&T (JAFH's parents) never even knew a thing! Not like they would have really minded, so to speak, but they sure would have been shocked. They still love me after all these years, but I kinda have to win them back on a few points.

Tonight, I'm going to karaoke, but since I am way past broke, I suppose I shall just drink water. But I feel like I haven't been out in ages!

PS- No, we didn't bang.
PPS- I found out later that BH woke up at midnight and thought JAFH and I were already asleep! He didn't even hear us or see us on the patio!

No comments: