17 March 2006

Bishop declares, "Meat and Beer: Okay!"

This week has been so frickin' long. Oh man.

Tuesday I went to Zuey's and watched American Idol. It was a pretty fun evening. I went to Brewstir's in Clintonville after that, for Cat's show. Met up with NB, and we had a great time. He didn't really try too hard to put the moves on me, so that was cool. I hadn't seen him since September I think, and we had a lot of catching up to do. He made me happy because somehow we got talking about something, I have no clue, and I was like, "Yeah, I wish I was more girly." He laughed and said I was very girly. I said, "No way! I wear these lesbian boots and polo shirts and Birkenstock sandals!" He said I was very very girly and something like it didn't matter if I tried to dress up like a man, I would still be girly. That made me so happy. I guess SL is right, along with ND from work, I am girly. I just need to feel more girly, but it's starting to happen, haha.

Wednesday I did nothing. Literally. I was worn out from Tuesday!

Last night I went to a company function at MIT. That was great fun, getting to meet everyone that I always talk to on the phone. They really had the hookup, with little butler people walking around and a bartender fellow and a huge spread of food like cheese, vegetables, salmon, crackers, chocolate strawberries, little teeny deserts, etc. They even had a carving station to make sandwiches and stuff! It was awesome. I had about four glasses of wine, but that was cool because 1) it was free and 2) I love wine and it does not get me instantly trashed! I ran into this guy I worked with at a couple different jobs, and a guy I worked at Jericho with. I met some chick that works with my old manager from Jericho. She told me how she hates him and I told her how I hated him and then she was like, "Oh my god, you're Kelly! I've heard stories about you! Isn't your husband MMA?!" Which pissed me off when I learned that in the last three years, this guy has been telling his version of these things that actually happened, but not the way he says they do.

For instance, right after I quit there I was hospitalized. I got all these calls from concerned people, because this guy had told everyone that MMA beat me so much that I landed in the ICU. Riiiiight. It was not even close to the reason why I was in there, and MMA never beat me. In fact, every time MMA had ever tried to lay a hand on me I usually ended up being the winner in that situation. This old manager guy is just a fucking loser. He told me all these lies while I worked there, and he was just a regular asshole. When my mother-in-law died twice during surgery but finally made it through, MMA and I had to stay with her little girl so my step-father-in-law could be at the hospital. We took about a week off work, cleared with the owners/our bosses, and everything was fine and they were very understanding. Well one day during this time off, I get a call from Mr. Manager. He tells me that my family is not important, this little 5 year old with a mother who is practically on life support is not important, and I need to come back to work and take care of my duties there. I tell you, he is just a regular asshole. Not to mention he's about 400 lbs., over six feet tall, and the biggest fucking flamer you could imagine. He used to have little twinks come for "interviews" in his office and we all knew he was really getting blow jobs and god knows what else from them. Ick.

But, I have gotten away from my point!

This girl was totally wasted, oh my god. And she was dressed like a prostitute, seriously, her skirt was so short that when she walked she had to keep tugging it down so no one would see her crack and cooch. We headed over to the Dub Pub, why, I don't know. She was like, "Let me buy you a shot!" so I said that would be swell. We talked about the asshole some more, and then she got this bright idea to give me a spontaneous makeover. Well the wine was starting to set in and the shot we did was also, so I said what the heck. We went to the bathroom and she attacked me with her makeup case. The end result was pretty awesome, except for she colored in my eyebrows... I looked cool until that happened, and then I looked like an old hooker. OH my god. When she wasn't looking I tried to rub some of it off, and it worked a little bit so at least I didn't look like a old hooker anymore. Now I just looked fake. The guys at the bar that she was trying to hook us up with said it looked fine, but I just couldn't believe them. She bought me another shot and we left because she had to go up to Sawmill to get her friend or something. I worried about her driving because she was really so so so drunk, but she told me that one DUI doesn't matter when you've already got one. Whatever.

I headed over to Eldo's, and on the way I just felt drunker. It was shitty. When I got there I drank a ton of water while I talked to TD and MN (formerly mentioned as Mrm.) I sang alright, but I was starting to be un-drunkish a little so I didn't sing as well as I could have. That sucked because I really wanted to impress my friends. Damn wine! I hate when I'm "coming down" from be drunk, it makes me feel crappy. Anyway, we had a great time. Poke came in and he was literally all over me. I kept telling him that nothing could happen because I've got a boyfriend, etc. etc. etc., but he would not give up. He kept asking for a kiss so I finally I kissed him. I told SL about it this morning and he said that was okay, because after that Poke pretty much let me alone. He hates Poke anyway so I guess that's just another reason to keep hating him! Anyway, Wolfy was there, so was TomCat, Moose, and B the BDI. B's girlfriend came over to me at one point and told me that they didn't hate me or weren't angry with me or anything, because of what happened with SS/Jms, and that was cool. She said that B really had nothing to do with the situation, and since he and I have been friends longer than I have even known SS/Jms, it was alright. He smiled at me and waved hi, so that was cool, but I didn't really get to talk to him. Overall, a good evening.


Today is St. Patrick's Day, yippy. Green beer, woo-hoo! The Bishop has declared that Catholics can eat meat today, even though it's not allowed normally during Lent to eat meat on Fridays. The only catch is that the meat that is being eaten must be celebratory meat, ie, a St. Patrick's Day CornBeef and Sauerkraut meal or something. Can't just eat meat when you want. Also, you do not have to adhere to the rule of fasting, ie, whatever you gave up. So today, I am allowed to drink beer. Yay! I probably won't eat any meat though. As I sit and think about the Irish, it brings to mind another set of Alcoholics - the Native Americans.

Okay, I'll admit that was a terrible seagueway to a new paragraph, but whatever. I had to bring up this bitch in some way! Even though I've moved on with my life, it's apparent that some people haven't. I got an Instant Message from SS this morning, and it was as follows:

mamaturtle2000 (3/17/2006 10:01:14 AM): You were lookin a little loser-ish last night, and as usual, I'm at home with my family and you're out getting drunk. How truly, truly sad

I don't understand why she bothers to care. I mean seriously. She is one of those people who is so obviously miserable with her life that she actually gets off on creating drama. She is always the victim in every case - when she got arrested it wasn't her fault, when she had the cops called on her by the neighbors it wasn't her fault, when this that and the other thing happened it wasn't her fault. She's always complaining about something. The neighbors are loud. The office doesn't do whatever in her idea of a timely fashion. Her son's teacher doesn't teach right. Her husband's boss is too strict. The person driving behind her rode too closely on her bumper and almost killed her and her kids. Her sisters have too much drama. Etc. etc. etc. It's disgusting. I feel really bad for people like her who are so miserable that they fake happiness while they try to make others miserable. It's pathetic. Besides, how would she know if I was looking "loser-ish"? She wasn't there! And if her dad said I was there, I highly doubt he would say "loser-ish." Not to mention the fact that I wasn't looking "loser-ish" (whatever that means, anyway!) because I was surrounded by friends and having a fucking awesome time. And another question is, why is it "truly truly sad" that I'm out? There's the jealousy coming right through in that statement. It's literally dripping with wanton. I'm out getting drunk... because I have a life, I have friends, I can afford it, I'm not an alcoholic, etc. So I like to drink? So what? Pathetic, she's really, really pathetic. I'm also not sure why she keeps on perpetuating this drama, I paid the cunt her money back and it's over now. I have the cancelled checks to prove it. I've moved on. I'm very happy with my life, SL is going to be here in five days, I finally had my book published, and I've got a handful of great friends. I don't give a flying fuck about her, her family, her children anymore - she needs to move on, seriously. I don't answer her emails or instant messages, and the only reason why I'm even mentioning her in this post is because I'm baffled. Really, truly baffled as to why she keeps going with this. Poor SS and her miserable life. It's almost sad enough to bring a tear to my eye... but not quite.

Time to go eat mac'n'cheese. Late.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN Kelly. Your blog cracks me up.

You ROCK!

... and meat & beer ROCK too!

-CE

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.