10 April 2006

For TD.

Well, what a weekend.

Friday, work was so boring. I spent most of the day waiting on a title that never arrived. WR asked me to come to his house that evening, and I was a little taken aback by it because we have never really hung out, other that those few times back in the day when we used to go to The Jerk. He said KR would be coming, a guy I know through WR, and maybe TD and JD. I was thrilled, so about 19:00 we left and drove way the fuck up to no-man's-land, aka Westerville, to WR's new house. It was raining cats and dogs, a phrase I'm not too keen on using, but it really was pouring! It wasn't too cold though, and that was good. WR gave me a tour, and his house is... opulent. It's very very nice, but I would never pay the price he did for that sized house. It's very clean and they did a great job decorating it, and it's brand new so everything is the way he wanted it... but still. I guess it's just not my style. If I made that kind of money I would get a neat old house and fix it up to be the way I wanted. Oh well. We had a great time there with WR and his fiancee, EM, and I felt special. I rarely get to hang out with people of the same class as myself (yes, that sounded egotistical but it's true) and even though hanging out with WR makes me feel really poor and shitty, he still invited me over because he likes me and that was good. EM made the best margaritas ever, and she taught SL how to make them (his were a bit strong, but pretty good), we had sushi and shrimp, and some great nacho dip stuff, and of course, lots of shots. It was a bit strange to do shots at someone's house, but still really fun.
WR and EM tuckered out pretty early (well early for me!), around eleven or midnight. We took TD and JD home, after stopping at Speedway to get some beer.

Oh man that reminds me. On the way up there, to WR's, I stopped at Speedway to get some Mike's and an energy drink. This asshole had parked half over the line for his parking spot, for no reason at all, and his tires were turned. So I pulled straight into my spot, which incidentally left him about 4.79 centimeters to open his door. I was in the shop getting my stuff and he walks in all huffy: "Does anyone in here own a red Mustang?!" and looks straight at me: "Is it you?!" So I say yes, and he says: "How in the hell do you expect me to get into my car when you parked s'damn close?!" So I say: "Wait until I'm done and next time think about parking between the lines." The cashier laughed and said he had been in several times that day and was just mean every time. He huffed about, said "What the fuck" and went out. Apparently his wife slid over and pulled the car out, leaving no marks on my door. I laughed so long on that one. Some people make life so difficult.

Anyway.
We went back to TD and JD's house and drank some more, I got a tour of their cutey little housey, and met Knowledge the Pit Bull. That was thrilling because I never saw a brown speckled (mottled?) pit bull before. She was cute, but I was way tipsy and for some reason thought this damn dog would listen to me. I'm a fool. We played Mad Gab, which was hella fun (it's so fun that there is no actual word for it) and TD even made some cool fries and cheese in the fry-daddy-baby-grampy-thing. Oh man that was awesome. We stayed until about 03:30, when they were falling asleep finally. We went home and crashed too.

Saturday SL and I got in a tiff because he was standing at the back door letting it hang open for a reason that I cannot understand, and Fox got out. He ran across the sidewalk and hid under a bush, and it only took a little bit to get him back in the house but I was still irritated. SL and I were supposed to go to Kroger but he didn't want to then because I was annoyed with him for letting the cat out by not paying attention. I went myself and bought some groceries, about $16 worth. Came home and did the laundry, watched TV, did all the dishes, and watched some more TV. The stupid fucking cats kept fighting, and it got to the point on Saturday evening that I had to leave because I couldn't stand the screaming and growling and the stank smell of kitten balls. Later in the evening I watched COPS and some other good shows, while SL was on the computer. He was on the computer almost all day. In fact, he's almost always on the computer. I made pizza at some point, pepperoni and mushroom, and it was superb. I didn't know I could make pizza, but apparently I rule.

Yesterday was SJK's birthday. I can't believe he's seventeen already, it makes me feel really old! Especially since my boyfriend is only 25 months older than my little brother. Yikes. We went to the Olive Garden, and it was pretty good. I'm still on my diet (yeah, I wish I could lose weight that fast) and I was worried about totally sabotaging it but they had a nutrition guide that worked out awesome. I even got to have cake! Yay! We went back to my parent's house after that where SJK opened his presents (a bunch of play clothes) and SL showed my dad something on the computer. Then SL and I went to the mall, walked around for about 40 minutes, and then they were closing so we headed over to Easton. I thought Easton was open later on Sunday becaues they have all the outside shops and the movie theatre, but I was wrong. I decided we should go to the dollar theatre then and see a movie, so we headed back over to the other side of town. SL made some comment about his gas station receipt needing to be burned because it had his name and last four of his credit card number on it. I told him that was ridiculous, no one is going to steal his identity. Then I made two jokes about how he walks in a zig-zag so nobody can trace his footsteps, and how he should sit lightly in the chair in the theatre just in case someone was going to decipher his ass print. I was joking but he didn't think I was and there was another fight. That one lasted all the way til this morning. Oh well.

I know that we fight a lot because I'm not very happy right now, what with MMA (of course) cancelling on my Friday (well, technically he just didn't call or show up like always), SL still not starting at CVS yet (that should be this week), among other things. It's so very irritating, and I feel like I'm carrying all the weight on my shoulders whereas he has no worries at all. I don't know. I'm just hoping it gets easier when he starts working because right now this is so reminiscent of my marriage that it's frankly feeling like something that isn't worth my time. I just have to be patient and remember that this isn't my marriage, I suppose.

So, don't even bother to say "I told you so" because nothing terrible has happened yet. Just because money is tight and we're irritated doesn't mean it's over. Every couple has fights and gets through them. We have a lot going on right now! I haven't lived with someone who was my spouse/boyfriend in two years, and SL never has. Plus he just moved 1,000 miles away from his family. It's not like this is an easy thing.

Late.

No comments: