30 April 2006

I Should Write a Book.

Last night, strange dream. Yes.

I was at my (ex, now) boyfriend (little) Tony's father's house. It was some sort of celebration, because his grandparents were there, his cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. I knew all these people in the dream like I did in real life, only there were some people I didn't know. We we sitting at a long picnic table, about twice the size of a normal one, and there was a huge feast laid out. As we were eating, this little girl came up to me and said she wanted me to help her in the bathroom because she was scared to go alone. I took her inside the house (actually Tony's dad's house, an old farmhouse) and upstairs to the bathroom. I let her go in by herself, and while I was waiting I heard screams outside. I looked to the window, and the picnic table was being dive-bombed by birds. I heard the door open behind me, and looked to see {insert girl's name here}- only it wasn't her. There was only a cat mushing up against my legs... and then the cat spoke and it was the girl. I locked the cat/girl in a bedroom and ran downstairs to get the grandma. Everyone was inside now because of the birds, so I just snuck granny upstairs and on the way, told her my problem. She laughed and said, "It happens sometimes" and said she would have a talk with the girl. I looked out the window and saw some boys getting chased by birds, so I yelled for them to come in. I went downstairs and looked at everyone's somber faces. I asked what was up, because it wasn't really a big deal, and someone told me that the birds were birds of death for the children and once the birds showed up the children were bound to remain in their animal forms forever, or at least until the wizard arrived, which could be years. I was stunned. The only thing that could bring a wizard was The Great Snowfall, and granny was the only one who could make it, but her powers were weakening with age. Suddenly, there was a lot of clumping upstairs and someone yelled, "Elsie!" We heard granny say she had turned into a cow. One of the boys had turned into a hawk, and he was just sitting there perched on the back of an armchair. Then, someone screamed. Expecting to see another child turned animal, we ran to the window and looked out where she was looking. The ground was covered with snow, at least 4 feet deep, the trees which had been lush and green just minutes before were now barren and covered in ice. There was a bright light up in the sky which I thought was the sun, but someone said it was the wizard on his way. Just as he started to come into form, I woke up.

Christ. You would think I take acid for a living.

No comments: