03 April 2006

Tie Your Own Rope! Tie Your Own Rope!

Lalalala gotta keep 'em seperated!

I've had that song, that stupid stupid song, in my head for about a week now and I just heard it on Launchcast. Thank god. I hope it will go away now.

SL and I had the greatest weekend. Friday, after we found out that he got the job, we went to Golden Corral to celebrate. I had never been there, since the only buffet I really like is Chinese, but it was pretty good. They had a lot of food there, and it was cool because they had a bunch of fish too - clam, shrimp, tilapia (that was not good) and salmon. I couldn't believe all the stuff they had. There was some great looking steak, but I didn't have any since Lent isn't over yet and that means no meat on Fridays!

Saturday we got up early so SL could go take his mandatory drug screening for his new job. After that we drove around a bit, went home, went to the library, went home, and SL worked on the computer a little bit. SL grilled some tilapia and portabello mushrooms that I had made (seasoned/marinated) and it turned out awesome. Well, except for the mushrooms, they were NASTY because the little furry things under the cap were way too furry. I almost yakked. We chilled out for awhile, and then my parents called and wanted SL to come over and help my dad with some stuff. That was pretty cool, I got the full editions of the Weight Watchers books and I'm going to copy them to my computer so I don't have to constantly do the formula to figure out how many points what I'm eating is worth. My mom gave SL $50 for his help, and so we went to Meijers and SL bought a sweatshirt (since he had nothing to wear but a heavy winter coat) and some socks, some foot spray (haha, from wearing shoes with no socks! yuck!), and we got some Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper... I think that's all. It was pretty great.


Sunday, oh, Sunday! Yesterday was the greatest day ever. We woke up late, around 11:37, which was actually 12:37 because of daylight savings. We went to the library and SL got his own card, and then we went downtown to the North Market. That was so much fun! We wandered around the place, looking at everything, and bought some homemade mozzerella and foccachia bread, and SL bought me some pretty flowers and bought his brother a postcard from Ohio. Then we went to Goodale Park and ate our bread and cheese on the stone picnic tables because the weather was just so beautiful. After we were done with that, we walked around the park and looked at the doggies who were there for Bark in the Park or something. I took a ton of pictures of the trees and flowers and of course, the doggies. Heck yes. After that we went home to put the flowers in water, and I realised that I didn't have a vase. So we went to Deals and got a vase (actually I think it's supposed to be a drinking glass, but it is a perfect vase!), and SL got some chaving cream and sunglasses. Then we walked over to the Bike Source, where they have this totally awesome pink bike for $349. I have better things to spend my money on right now, but sometime this summer we'll have to get a bike for me so SL and I can go riding. I love riding bikes! After I had drooled over these awesome looking bikes, we walked to the Complete Pet Mart, where we bought a temporary litter box for Mickey (more on that in a minute) and some bird seed for the feeder outside the window. $4 for 20 lbs of bird seed, I couldn't believe it! Then we went home, grilled some steaks which we had for dinner with a salad, and chilled out the rest of the night. Overall, probably one of the best days I've had in years.

So, Mickey and Fox have finally reached puberty. They started fighting Saturday night, and haven't stopped since. Fox got all scratched up on his face, and Mickey has a swollen nose. Sheeba escaped unharmed, but still shaken. Fucking cats. They sprayed too, and man does it stink! So, my mom is nice enough to pay for them to get nutered ($67 total, not bad) and that will happen Wednesday. Til then we have to keep Mickey in the 1/2 bath downstairs, separated from Sheeba and Fox. That's why we had to get a temporary disposable litter box for him.

Today, it's back downtown after going to my parents house to pick up a carrier and the money for the surgery. Some folks just don't listen.

No comments: