12 April 2006

A Great Idea if I've Ever Heard One

Today Joe.My.God wrote this great post about what if life was like the Law & Order courtroom where you could be really nasty to someone and then just withdraw your comment. He gave awesome examples, you should go read it.

I think I'm going to employ that withdraw policy in my life for the next few days and see how it goes. I can picture it now... (if it would actually work...)

SL: "Let's have some sex."
Me: "No way you smell like a pile of garbage!"
SL: "I hate you."
Me: "Withdrawn."
SL: "Swell, let's get it on."

Hahahahahaha! SL doesn't really smell like garbage though, fyi.


I've decided that that is the next tattoo I'm going to get. Followed by water, fire, life/death, and a couple other ones. I might get the love/hate one also, the image that is my pic up there on the profile.

So yesterday SL and I had our first "live-in" real fight. It was pretty major, but we worked things out. I decided that I needed some "me time", so after dinner I went to Zuey's and talked to KL for a little bit, only stayed for about 45 minutes (2 beers.) Then I headed over to The Hot Spot, to see Zara and the Pirate and sing some karaoke (2 beers.) I was thinking about heading back to get SL but went to Brewstir's instead. NB and SB were there, so was The Sir, TomCat, GLick and D*Martin was running the show. SL was of course worried about me being there with SB, but it was all good. I didn't know for sure if he was going to be there or not when I went, but I wasn't concerned either way. I mostly hung out with NB and SB wandered around the whole time, occasionally stopping back to buy me a shot (2 shots.) It was a good night (4 beers.) I got home around one thirty, about an hour later than I told SL, but I had called him periodically throughout the night so it's not like he didn't know what was going on. I'm considerate like that. *grin*

When I got home we drank some rum and Sunny D, played on the internet a bit, and then watched the 2nd round of Jay Leno while laying in bed being silly. This was an amazing day because SL and I went from being at each other's throats to being happy. That's a good thing.

No comments: