06 April 2006

Sometimes, I just don't get it.

Well.

If any of you read SL's blog, then you already know what happened. But I figured I'd give my side.

Tuesday, we went to karaoke. It started out great, and I was having tons of fun, even though SB and NB were there. This was the first time ever that I had been with them in the same space at the same time, and that combined with having them and SL all there at once was just very akward. Very. I tried to deal as best I could, but that didn't work out well at all.

I wanted to get drunk, and SL knew this because I told him. He was playing trivia with Ace and D*Martin and Sir, so I talked to SB while going back and forth between SL and Ace/D*Martin. I did drink a lot, but I knew I was going to because SL was the designated driver (how nice of him.) Apparently, one of two things happened 1) SB (or someone) slipped something into my drink 2) my new lack of tolerance caught up with me because I actually blacked out. They tell me that I sang "I Will Survive" and rocked on it, that I was hanging all over SB, and that I fought with SL and called him an asshole and told him to fuck off, etc. I don't remember anything past going outside to find SL because I thought he had left (for some reason, I don't know) and that was okay, and then I woke up sick as shit, apologizing my ass off. I'm pretty sure that it was #1, because I've been slipped the GHB before, but it was only half a beer's worth, and it was awful. If you remember, back in April 2005, when I got back from Boston, I had upwards of 17 drinks, at least 14 of which were shots of Bacardi 151, and I didn't even pass out or black out. The very onliest time I have ever blacked out was the only time I've had something slipped into my drink.

Not to mention that I'm over SB and I'm not a cheater. Sure, I'll flirt to get a free drink, but SL understands that and he knows we're going home together...

I don't know. I'm not really sure what happened. But anyway, we're pretty much past it now. I just hope that he doesn't hold this over my head, much like I don't hold over his head all the shit he lied about. Yep.

So, on another note, I didn't completely win this time (with my trip downtown) but I didn't lose either. I can still appeal the decision, and if something else happens in the meantime, I definitely will.

Did you know that for every count of telecommunications harassment and/or stalking a person can get 6 months and/or $1,000 fine? It's really something to think about. Just imagine: Nine threats... that's 54 months (4.5 years) in jail and $9,000 worth of fines. A lot of time to miss in life, really - a child would have grown up, family members may have died, cars could break down, people could get married, divorced, and remarried again, you can start high school and graduate it in four and a half years - less actually. You would miss all of life's happenings! All because you are angry, or bitter, or whatever. People just don't think about the consequences of their actions anymore. Calling someone names is not a crime, but threatening to run them down and run them over and cut them is. Telling the truth about someone's not-so-beautiful past is not a crime, but threatening to beat their ass and their boyfriend's ass is. Definitely something to think about before you go making that phone call to someone you're pissed at. Even if you don't mean it, really, or you're just trying to scare them by talking big shit, you can still be prosecuted for it. Time in jail, fines, probation, and a nice black mark on your record.

You can find more information here.

No comments: