17 April 2006

Happy Easter / Passover

I had Friday off, which was just swell. SL and I went to Long John Silver's for lunch and it was fucking wonderful. Yes, fucking. I haven't eaten there in about twenty years, literally, and I was absolutely thrilled. And only 15 points! Usually 15 points would be a lot for lunch, but 1) heck no, not for fast food (one McDonald's fish sandwich is 13 points not including fries or anything else) and 2) it was Good Friday so that meant no snacking henceforth larger meals were in order. Oh yes.
We had my tires rotated and balanced, went to Auto Zone, and then SL changed the oil. He's great. After all this exciting spending money time, we headed over to my parent's house for some mac'n'cheese and Easter celebrations. Actually they just gave me my basket and SL his gift certificate from the Easter Bunny so we wouldn't have to do it in Cleveland.

Saturday I was going to get my hair done, but since I had to get my tires done, I got my nails done instead (slightly confusing, sorry! Hair = $50, but tires = $22 so nails {$30} is the difference... or something... haha...) I was the only white girl in the shop, besides the asians who do the nails, and that was a little weird because usually there are no black girls. Not that I care, I'm just not used to it! They had the music turned up and there were some loud people there, but it was fun. And my nails look pretty. But before I got my nails done, we cleaned all day long, and I got both bathrooms done and sparkling. We still have to dust, vaccuum, and pick up random crap laying around, but for the most part the house is clean. The only shitty thing is, like I mentioned once before a long time ago, I will never have a really truly sparkling house because it's so old. There is 40 year old dust in the ducts and nooks and crannies. It's crappy but I have to deal with it. Maybe someday after everything gets settled and we have some money saved up, I can hire some nice girls to come in and scrub. I don't think it's terribly expensive, and I just need it once or twice to get the place really clean, using things I don't have access to like all those fancy products. Ha. Anyway!

Sunday we went to Cleveland to visit my gramma and my Uncle BK. It was pretty great, going to church at St. Barnabas (we love you truly) and then to J. Alexander's for dinner. I had NYO Mac'n'cheese and Prime Rib. They made it too rare (literally it was nasty) the first time so I had to send it back, but the second time it was perfect. A little too fatty, but I'm very picky! You're lucky I even eat steak! SJK got steak and fries, the greatest shoe-string fries ever, and I even dipped two in ketchup. Shocked my mother. This was the first time GMaP and Uncle BK ever met SL. My gramma loved him, she told me to keep him around. I said I would. We laughed so much at my GMaP's house because she kept telling the same story about me being little and riding all over the neighborhood on my Big Wheel and she had to take SJK in the Taylor Tot (aka stroller) to go find me. It was hilarious. We had a really wonderful time, I was so happy. It took a long time to get home because everyone and their brother was travelling Sunday evening, but that was okay. It rained a lot though, and I'm just tired of the rain. SL and I went to karaoke around 22:15 when we got home. Karaoke was great fun! Not so many people were there, and it was a different crowd, but I still had fun. We got White Castle afterwards, since we weren't counting points this day. We had a little fight at home then because of something pretty lame, but it was taken care of and everything is good now. SL and I both know what we have to work on. I'm not terribly concerned about all the fighting anymore because I have come to realise that it's probably just because we aren't used to being together for so long, and still getting used to living in the same space. By the way, Happy Five Month Anniversary to us on April 8th! Oh yeah!

On a completely unrelated note, and only because I think it HILARIOUS, click here for someone else who has a problem with cunts. *grin* Glad to know I'm not the only one. People are so dumb!!

No comments: