12 April 2006

You Expect Me to Act Like a Volvo

The song is "Play for Today" by the Cure, and I have yet to figure out what the line really says.

I'm incredibly bored so I'm going to make a list of 40 songs I like.

  1. Feel Good, Inc. - Gorillaz
  2. Twilight Garden - The Cure
  3. Tommy - The Who
  4. I'll be There - The Jackson Five
  5. Joey - Concrete Blonde
  6. At Last - Etta James
  7. See You at the Show - Nickelback
  8. Anything by Kid Rock (except American Badass, yuck!)
  9. Bed of Roses - Jon Bon Jovi
  10. Con Te Partiro - Andrea Bocelli
  11. Tu Vuo Fa La Americano - some Italian Guy
  12. Anything by Elton John
  13. Gangster's Paradise - Coolio
  14. Gin and Juice - Cleatus T. Judd
  15. Hotel California - The Eagles
  16. Anything by Eminem
  17. Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley
  18. I Just Wanna Dance with You - George Straight
  19. Horse with No Name - America
  20. Sister Christian - Night Ranger
  21. Runaway - Dell Shannon / Bonnie Raitt
  22. Anything by The Beatles
  23. I'm Horny - some "rap" girls or something
  24. Under the Water - Merrill Bainbridge
  25. Chantilly Lace - The Big Bopper
  26. Creepy goth techo jungle music
  27. Anything by Frank Sinatra
  28. Magic Man & Crazy on You - Heart
  29. The Sign - Ace of Base (Bass? Bace? I don't remember!)
  30. Waterfalls - TLC
  31. There's a Tear in My Beer - Hank Williams
  32. Anything by Eric Clapton
  33. Deliverance - Bubba Sparxxx
  34. I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
  35. Somebody Told Me - The Killers
  36. Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
  37. Soundtrack to RENT
  38. Whisky Lullaby - Brad Paisley & Allison Krauss
  39. Stay Together for the Kids - Blink 182
  40. Shoulda Been a Cowboy - Toby Keith

Yep, that was fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are the lyrics to The Cure, "Play for Today"....the Link to all lyrics is at the bottom. (Dang, I sure have missed what's been happin with you..I'm overwelmed with college right now.)Cetch ya on the flipside, GF!

THE CURE LYRICS

"Play For Today"

It's not a case of doing what's right
It's just the way I feel that matters
Tell me I'm wrong
I don't really care

It's not a case of share and share alike
I take what I require
I don't understand ...
You say it's not fair

You expect me to act
Like a lover
Consider my moves
And deserve the reward
To hold you in my arms
And wait
And wait
And wait
For something to happen

It's not a case of telling the truth
Some lines just fit the situation
Call me a liar
You would anyway

It's not a case of aiming to please
You know you're always crying
It's just your part
In the play for today


[ www.azlyrics.com ]