19 July 2006

Doggy!

Not much to blog about today, life has been blah the last few days, which is just fine with me. It's fucking hot here in the Buckeye State, and it's kinda pissing me off. SL is confused over the news, because they are announcing heat index warnings and stuff like that, because it's over 85F and there is no wind, etc. etc. etc. See, in Florida, no big deal. In the north/northwest, big fucking deal. It isn't supposed to get terribly hot here, we're breaking records all over the place, and people are dying, mostly old people and kids. Why? Because people are so stupid. They're like, "Oh, it's hot, I'm going to go lay by the pool and dip in the water" and then they get heat stroke because they think immersing oneself in water is enough to keep from getting dehydrated. Or they're like, "The cost of energy to run the air conditioner is far too high, I'll just leave it off and run the fan" and then they get heat stroke because their body temperature raises to fatal levels... because they're cheap. I feel bad for people who can't afford a/c and for kids and stuff, but geeze. On the news they said that more people die in the northwest of heat-related issues than in Arizona, Florida, and California combined. Pathetic. Yesterday, I drank 18 cups (that's 144 ounces) of water. Take that, heat!

Speaking of drinking ass loads of water, I started a new diet, SparkPeople. It's similar to Weight Watchers, but a little easier to track stuff. You don't have to guess about points and things, because you just enter your food into the database, it brings it up (the only things that haven't been listed were Monster Energy Drink, Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea, and Nectarines) and tells you the nutritional value. The only thing I don't like about Spark is that unlike Weight Watchers, it really counts calories hard-core. Yesterday I had 1,503 calories and I was starved at the end of the day. If I had been going by Weight Watcher points I could have had all 30 points and then chowed down on carrots and jalapenos and such, without going over. Did you know that a carrot has 35 calories! Oh my god! But the good news is that in only 22 days I am going for my bariatric surgery evaluation, to see if I qualify. If I do, and if my insurance will cover a major portion, I'm going to do it. I've been fat my entire life, I've tried everything and more to lose the weight, and nothing works. I eat healthy, but I'm too out of shape to really exercise, so if I had the surgery I could just eat like I normally do but then I could execise as well! It would be wonderful!

Anyway, I want to go to the pool after work, but SL wants to go buy a dumb phone. So, I guess I will just have to work hard to convince him to go with my plan... we can get the phone tomorrow!

No comments: