06 July 2006

God Bless {insert country here}

What an un-eventful weekend. Thank god.

Friday was fairly wonderful, SL and I went to the Reds v. Indians game (like some sort of Cherokee battle!) in Cincinnati. It was a great game, even though the stupid Reds won. They were sneaky though, because they played like shit the whole game until the bottom of the ninth when some dude hit a Grand Slam. Oh man, I was pissed. But the guys who work in our Cincinnati and Kentucky offices were thrilled. Sheesh. After the game DD and TD wanted us to go to this bar, Pachinkos or something, in Kentucky (Cincinnati is on the border of OH/KY) and so we drove over there, but oh my god, it was ghetto around this very nice area. The bar looked packed and we weren't much in the mood for spending more than $2.25 on a beer, so we drove back to Ohio. There is an IHOP in Cincinnati, so we went there. IHOP always shows commercials in Columbus, but the closest one is either Cincinnati or Findlay, and that makes me sad. I got a funnell cake meal and so did SL. It was wonderful!! We had so much fun. The title company that works with my company paid for the whole game and everything, so including parking and IHOP and gasoline, we spent just over $50.00 and got to sit/hang out in the awesome party box. What a great night. SL was sickly when we came home and I had to go to CVS at 3am to get him some tummy medication. I couldn't sleep then because I was worried about him being sick, so I didn't even fall asleep until about 6am. That sucked.

Saturday I woke up around 11am, because I didn't want to sleep until two or whatever just from being up so late. I worked on the computer for a little while, then I took SL's card and went to run a few errands and do some shopping. I paid CheckSmart, went to Sav-a-Lot to get some marinade and toilet paper, and went to Big Lots to get some goggles. At Big Lots they were having a HUGE sale on everything, so I also bought two tiki torches and some fuel. Then I headed over to Nazareth and bought gyros for SL and myself for lunch. When I got home, SL had been on the computer the whole time I was gone, and didn't clean up the dishes or anything, and I was a little irritated because he never does anything on his own. I got over it, and watched this great special on the History Channel about Ben Franklin. Then I took a nap. After that we headed over to Y and J's new (well, new to me, they moved in in March) apartment for a small cookout. J doesn't actually live there I found out, because they are both still working on their divorces. That's cool. Y cut all her hair off and it looks so awesome. I'm slightly envious because when I cut my hair short two years ago, her style was what I wanted but I ended up with mushroom-butt hair. Oh well. Her kids are getting so big, especially the baby! I couldn't believe it. I'm glad to see she's happy. SL tried to start some shit with me when we were at Kroger getting beer and pop, but I just ignored him and suggested he stop trying to pick a fight just because we haven't fought in so long. He was pouty and being kinda bratty, but he got over it.

Sunday SL had to work 2-10, which sucked. I cleaned the kitchen again and picked up around the house. If I do say so myself, it looks great. I also made homemade asian chicken wings for our party on Monday. Other than that, I basically relaxed, which was for about one hour out of eight. Douger came over and brought 17 beers for me, which I loved, and I got to meet his kid, who is cute. I picked SL up at 10pm and we went to get some Taco Bell. We didn't go to karaoke because he got home so late.

Monday I had to work, whatever hours I chose because everyone else was off. I came in from 10am to 7pm, and cleaned out our filing cabinets of old files to be shredded. Then I had to catalog them. That was fun, except for the big thunderstorm that knocked out the power for a second. I like being in the office alone because I can actually get stuff done! After work SL and I went over to J1&J2's house for a small party. Turns out that everyone had been over early in the day, but they still had a ton of food left over. I brought my chicken wings, SL loved them and so did J1's roommate, B. He's a cool guy, I may have mentioned him a few months ago. We watched "The Closer" which was an alright show. Not as good as SVU!! Nothing compares!! And then watched (stupid) Red, White & Boom on TV. That was okay. We basically just hung out and drank and talked and watched the kids run ragged and then went home. When we got home we watched Dirty Pretty Things, with my favorite actress Audrey Tautou, and it was pretty good. I couldn't finish it though, because I was so tired.


Tuesday the fourth we chilled in the morning, I made pancakes, and then we finished watching the movie. Around 4pm we went over to my parents' house for a cook out. My mom made burgers (yay!) and chicken (not yay but I ate some anyway) and beans and potato salad and everything. It was awesome. We watched Lifetime movies while my dad and SL did some shit on the computer. I have no clue. Later my mom gave us some gifts they bought in Myrtle Beach for us, a t-shirt for SL and 2 t-shirts for me plus a pair of cute flip-flop earrings and a cat business card holder. Yay. We watched a couple of specials on TV, like Macy's 4th of July and a Capitol Fourth, the NYC one sucked but the Capitol one was great. Except for Elmo, I hate that guy. SL and I headed to Brewstir's around 10:30pm, and it was an alright time there. I won one game of trivia, but pathetically lost the rest. SL did alright, and so did The Sir. Ace and some guy Sancho were leading the board the whole time. I sang America-themed songs, and just for future reference, don't ever let me sing "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" by Toby Keith EVER EVER EVER again. Seriously. I even put it up a half and it was still too low. No thanks. We didn't get drunk, and came home, and it was all fine.

Yesterday was uneventful as well, work was fine, and blah blah. SL pissed me off because he let the cat boxes go for four days, and because he didn't do any of the dishes. Well, I take that back, he did load about 1/4 of the dishes into the dishwasher, but didn't finish. I just don't understand why I always do everything and he doesn't do anything until I get pissed off at him for not doing it after I asked him to days ago. I guess I just have to get used to him acting like he still lives with his mother, I don't know. I went to bed and he played on the computer, and he didn't even come to sleep until after 3am. Whatever.

Today I have to go get my busted blood vessel in my nose coterized (sp?) and I am not looking forward to it. Maybe they won't do it today and just give me an evaluation... not sure.

No comments: