11 July 2006

The Number One Most Fucked Up Dream Ever

Even for me.

I dreamt that I was on a bus with some former classmates of mine, and we were headed to an amusement park. We lived in England, or some other very green hilly country where it is foggy all the time. We arrived at the park, and it was closed, so we went to a TV studio where a show was being taped, and got free tickets to sit and watch it. The show was like American Idol, but it was for mothers and daughters. The pair we saw was wonderful, and they beat out all three other pairs that day. Somehow, I got hired to work there. I was walking down the hall trying to find a bathroom and this guy stopped me and asked if I could sing. I said yes, so he asked me to be a stand-in judge. Then, I was hired. I went home from there, to my house which looked like an old-fashioned house, it was the tall skinny kind, in a neighborhood that reminded me of Harvard Square. My house was attached to a church, incidentally called St. Mary Magdalene. I walked in, and realized that I was in a lot of pain. My stomach hurt and my back hurt, so I laid down on the couch and began to watch some talk shows. I couldn't bear the pain after awhile, so I called SL to come home and help me, because I thought I might have to go to the hospital. When he got home, I was bleeding from my nether-regions, and writhing in pain. He stuck his hand up inside me, and pulled out a little sac filled with three babies. One of them wasn't actually a baby, it was more like a pouch with a bone and a vein inside, and the other two were joined at the head. Only one baby was normal, other than the half-baby attached to it. That baby wasn't completely developed, it was just a head with a torso and little shrunken arms and legs, no ears or hair or anything. The babies were all wearing pink bows on their skulls though. They came out of the sac dry, and I tried to wrap them up so SL could put them back inside me. I couldn't get the sac to stay closed though. I called my mom to ask her what I should do, but when she answered the phone I could hear her talking to my dad about what to lecture me on for not being at work in the middle of the day. She finally said hello and I replied "I'm pregnant with triplets" and her response to that was "well, its likely that only one of them will survive, maybe two if you're lucky." I told her the situation, and she said I should just leave them out and put them in a bowl of water or in the bathtub so that they didn't shrivel up. Then we got to talking about the cats, and my little ex-step-sister-in-law was in my house, and she had a kitten named Isabella. As I was hanging up, she took the kittens and walked out the door. I didn't follow her. After that, I put the babies in a bowl on the kitchen table, and then went and took a shower and got dressed. SL was still home, and I noticed that he looked like he was crying. I asked him why, and he said that he had just gotten fired because they didn't want to keep him around until New Year's. I asked if he had called to tell his work what happened, and he said he did, and had talked to Gary. Gary said they would figure something out, but then Emily called back and told SL that he was fired. I told SL he should call Gary directly because Emily was probably lying. He went off to call Gary, and I went outside. Right out the door, a priest was giving a tour of the church grounds, and was telling the story of Ben Pritchard and Kyle Quigley and how they single-handedly brought down the church garage. I remembered when that happened (this was not in real life, btw) and so I helped the priest tell the story. The last thing that I remember is walking down the street looking very trendy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No shit! That wasn't a dream, that was a nigjtmare.