04 December 2006

Merry Christmas! Almost...!


/me is the happiest girl in the world.

Friday night I stayed home and put up my Christmas decorations. Poke was supposed to be coming over after the Sepultura concert, but I didn't know what time that would be, so I went to Blockbuster and got Clerks II and proceeded to get drunk. Around 1:00am he called me and said he was on his way over, so I unlocked the door for him and fell asleep on the couch. He came in around 1:30am and woke me up, and I was startled by the sight of him because he was dripping blood from his eyebrow. He told me he got headbutted in the face, but I didn't know it was that bad. I got up and got him a towel and some bandaids and neosporin, and I played Florence Nightingale and cleaned him up good. The cut wasn't that bad, it was just bleeding a lot. He had crashed to the floor when he got headbutted, so his knee was all fucked up too. I had him hold some frozen vegetables over it, lol. In the bag of course. I tucked him in with a blanky and he fell straight to sleep.

Saturday I pretty much chilled because the company christmas party was that night. I got all prettied up and we went to Mitchell's, which absolutely ruled. We had an awesome time, and I was so proud of Poke for sitting next to the owner of my company and carrying on a conversation with him. It was great. I drank so much wine and I was quite drunk by the time we left. Poke drank Blue Moon all night, yuck yuck yuck. I got to meet OH's boyfriend, who was pretty cool, and see everyone's spouses that I haven't seen in awhile. It was so fun. I had filet mignon for dinner, Poke had filet mignon and lobster tails, and we shared mashed potatoes and broccoli. We got this Drunken Turtle cake for desert, but I could only eat one bite because it was so rich. Too sweet for me! We had a wonderful time, the only thing I didn't like about it was that every time I had to pee I had to pretty much completely undress because of the damn bodysuit underwear I was wearing, and it just got so annoying. Tab for the evening: $0. Tab for the company: $4000+. Yayhoo!! Hahaha. I wasn't too wasted when we left, but I could have been less wasted if things had moved a bit quicker... we literally drank for three hours before our food even got there, and steak and broccoli are probably the worst foods for absorbing alcohol. Seriously.

After Mitchell's we headed down to Skully's to see our friend's band play. They were supposed to go on at midnight but they didn't go on until closer to one. I saw this guy Maris that I knew from Outlands seven years ago, and he remembered me. He was dressed up all like a scary monster, and we kept going "Aaaaahhhhrrrrgggh" and showing tongues. Poke's friends were there, some of them are my friends, and I met some folks that I had known of but never actually met in person. The band was great, I had never seen them play before, and I especially liked the lead singer because 1) his voice was awesome and 2) he was suspended from hooks connected to his back piercings the whole time he was singing. It was fucking insane. We had some "necrotinis" which were these nasty chocolate/cherry/creamy martinis, they were disgusting, and lots of Miller Lite. By the end of the night my feet hurt and I was so drunk that I couldn't barely stand up. We went home and watched Deal or No Deal while I chowed down on some chips and dip. Overall, I would have to say that it was definitely the most fun evening I've ever had in my entire life.

Before we fell asleep Poke told me he loved me. Aaaah, I love it. He's so wonderful.

Yesterday after Poke went home, I slept on the couch on and off all day. We were supposed to have family pictures in the afternoon, but my mom's cat died Friday morning so she wasn't in the mood. I watched a lot of crappy TV, napped, ate some food, drank a few beers at night, and went to bed at midnight. Boring sleepy day, but it was fine. I'm a happy happy girl, but I'm kinda sad cuz I won't get to see Poke til Thursday! Damn third shift. Oh well.

1 comment:

St. Dickeybird said...

Wow, sounds like a great weekend!
I've got my work party on friday night - NOT looking forward to it...

Clerks2 - liked it?