07 December 2006

Snow! Yay!

First "major" snowfall of the season today, it was about one inch, but it covered the parking lot and made it slippery. The good news is, no more snow. The bad news is, temperatures dropping steadily throughout the day and that could mean ice. The mediocre news is, next week it's supposed to be in the fifties. Goddamn Ohio.


So, last night, I had one of the most fucked up dreams EVER. I know, I know, I've said that before. But this one was so real that I woke up and thought it was real. I'll explain more on that later. Here's what happened:

I was at home, brushing my cats. They had been scratching a lot, and I thought they might need some conditioner, so I gave them a comb before I was going to put them in the tub. Turned out that they had a terrible flea infestation. There were so many fleas on them that after combing them for an hour I still had more fleas to remove. I was freaking out. Finally I got tired of it and just tied them to the kitchen table legs and started spraying them with pet-friendly flea spray. The fleas were falling off and dying on the floor and making small piles around the cats, who were freaking out. I eventually gave up and just left them tied there, soaking in flea spray, and got ready for work. I took a shower and got dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt, because apparently it was Friday. I went to work and was just doing what I normally do, and somehow KG found out I was pregnant. I guess I had been hiding this from everyone for awhile. She didn't know that no one else knew, and started mentioning things to them, which made them all look at me funny like, "We thought she was just fat, not pregnant." I went into DE's office to go over some files, and he said something to the effect of, "Is there something you need to tell me?" So I told him I was indeed pregnant, and I was due in two weeks, and I hadn't been 100% positive the whole time because I was having break through bleeding (yes, I actually told my boss this, but he has a wife and two kids so he knows what pregnancy is about) and I had taken three pregnancy tests and two out of three came out positive and the other was negative. But I could feel the baby inside me kicking and my belly was growing, and he mentioned that he wondered why I had been wearing a lot of big sweaters. We agreed that I would take the rest of the month off (December) since my baby was due on December 21st, and I would get paid for it. This was all fine and wonderful, until he asked me who the father was, and I said "well, obviously it's Poke" and then he asked me if my family knew, and I said no... and neither did Poke's family. In fact, Poke didn't even know. I was the only one who really knew, and KG had just kinda figured it out. The dream ended with me sitting on a couch in a department store waiting for my mom, Poke, and Poke's mom to get there so I could tell them the news.

Ok. So, this is all very fucked up because I'm definitely not pregnant, and if I was, I sure would not hide it for nine months or even at all, not to mention that it would be fairly impossible. I woke up and I was all freaked out because Poke wasn't there (even though I knew he might not come over after work) and the news said it was snowing and in my dream it was snowing, and I really thought it was all real. So fuckin' weird man.

2 comments:

St. Dickeybird said...

Yikes, that IS a messed up dream!

I've never dreamt of being pregnant, although that might change now that you've put the idea there...

Lilly Kat said...

lol "goddamn Ohio" man, I don't miss that weather!! VA has some snow, but not the hell ya'll have!! Come on down southwards. :) lol Fuck Ohio, man!