03 March 2007

Weeks

I know it's been awhile, I just don't have much to say. So I'll tell you about my fucked up dream from last night. Picture this: I'm tossing and turning on the couch, too tired to move to the bed and too awake to sleep, so I'm lazily watching "Children of the Corn". It's a fairly lame movie and I don't even make it an hour in before I doze off again. I still haven't seen the whole thing. Anyway.

I'm with Cat, RM, Crash, and D*Martin. We're watching Jumping Dead Batteries and 1970 play at Ruby's. Everything's awesome and fun, but they won't let us smoke inside so I wander out to walk around the block while I smoke a cigarette. I end up taking a wrong turn, how, I don't know, but I ended up in this park that had a lot of trees and a shitty little dirt path. There were murdered deer all over in the bushes and hanging from the trees, and I saw a girl's body off to the side. At first I did think it was a deer, but when I got closer I could tell it was a human. I wrote a note "Death is not the final good-bye" on the back of a JDB/1970 flyer and laid it next to her body. I walked back to main area, trying to find my way back to Ruby's, and there was a cop interviewing several people. He stopped me, and asked what I had been doing, if I had seen the killer, or if any of the people in front of me were the killers. I said no, but I told him I had left the note there as a memorial for the girl. I said what I had written, and this guy who looked to be in his early 60's, balding, kinda wife-beater-ish, gave me a look that chilled me to the bone. I told the cop that was all I knew and he let me go. At this point I should probably note that I find myself wearing old school rollerskates and I have mad rollerskating skills. I finally get back to Ruby's, and even though I have a stamp on my hand they make me go to "the office" and sign in. So I see SZ from JDB and he smiles at me. I try and mouth to him that I need to talk asap but he's busy playing so he doesn't notice. I meet up with Cat, RM, Crash, and D*Martin again, and we wander from one room to the other. I'm drinking Miller Lite and Electric Lemonade (although I've never had a real electric lemonade!) and some sort of red thing they're calling a "Zombie" (the only Zombie I've ever had was blue...) Everytime I was one thing, the bartender gives me another, but I'm not paying for anything so I'm not complaining. I'm still on rollerskates by the way. The evening ends, and we decide we're going to Farmer Boy (an old restaurant in Northfield where I went when I was wee) for after hours.
I go to the bathroom to change my clothes (not really sure why...) and it takes me about 15 minutes because my panties would not turn themselves right side out. I thought I was losing my mind. Anyway, I finally got dressed and headed outside, where it was fairly bright out for being about 4am. I looked all over for Cat, and heard her voice coming from around the corner in the alley. I skated down there, and caught her turning another corner, so I followed. I got lost, again, and I'm scared to death now since I know the killer from earlier has seen me. I'm skating around and around, doing awesome fucking tricks and shit, like jumping way high up in the air and landing 20-30 feet away. Think... Legend of Zelda type jumping. It was awesome but it made me queasy. I saw SZ a few feet away from me when I landed and I skated over to him and he said that Cat offered to pay him $286 if he could find me and bring me to the restaurant. I agreed, and SZ said tomorrow we'd go to the zoo since we missed the amusement park today. I tried skating up some steps and it didn't work, so SZ carried me.

The End.

PS- What's up with this "Spam Blog" verification? How the hell could my stuff be classified as Spam? I wonder if it's because I haven't posted in so long... weird. Oh well, whatever.

No comments: