21 June 2005

So What? So, I've got a smile on.

Friday

After work, GMc (the canadian) and I went to see TM at The Workhouse. We met up at Zuey's around six pm, and went from there. The shitty thing was that when we got there, we found out that TM had already had a visitor that day, and the inmates can only have one visit per day. That sucked. So we decided to turn the outing into a road trip. Everyone knows you cannot have a road trip until you stop for a drink, so we headed to the Easy Street Cafe for some beers. We ended up being kinda hungry, so we got appetizers (calamari, rubbery and poppers, dry) and I got some french onion soup (delicious!) After dinner we headed back to Zuey's where we met up with JR and GG in the parking lot and talked for about an hour. It was such a nice night on Friday we couldn't stand to go inside. Plus Danielle was working and we wanted to avoid her as long as possible.
Actually being inside Zuey's was fucking hilarious. After a long long time we finally got served. GMc and I both got beers and GG got a Grape Kelly (grape pucker and sprite, invented by yours truly.) GG downed her drink like it was her job, and waited patiently for about 10 minutes and Danielle never even looked in our direction. So GMc laid the glass (ice and straw and all) down on the bar. It still took Danielle another 5 minutes to come over, but at least she finally did. Then I needed a new Corona. So I saw Grady across the bar and I was like, "Hey Grady! Can you get me a Corona?! I don't need you to buy it, I just need you to get it for me!" he laughed and told Danielle I needed a new Corona. When GMc needed a new Killian's he laid his bottle down and this time it only took Danielle about 7 minutes to get to it. The DJ was there, as usual for a Friday night, but overall it was fairly uneventful. GMc told some great canadian jokes though.

Saturday/Sunday

I spent the whole day cleaning, the patio and the house. My parents picked me up around five thirty, and we headed to Cleveland to see Uncle Ronnie. We stopped and picked up my gramma, who was mean and bitter as usual (maybe that's where I get it from.) She was pissed at my mom because when a normal person says, "late" they mean sometime after 7pm, usually. Well my gramma's version of "late" is anytime after 5pm, especially if it is dark outside. So she was mad that we got there so late... lol. Anyway, my mom specifically told my gramma to NOT talk about death, dead people, dying, etc. as a courtesy to my dying Uncle. So what does the old lady talk about the entire time? DEATH!! All she talked about was how everyone she knows is dead, all her family (brothers/sisters/etc.) are dead, so on and so on. It was embarassing. We left after that and stopped for ice cream. More bitching from gramma. Went home to her condo, more bitching. My brother and I slept downstairs, me in the chair and him on the floor. We watched the Jackass Movie, which was gross, and I fell asleep around 2am. I told SK to turn off the TV before he fell asleep so that gramma wouldn't bitch. Well she woke me up around 4am by smacking me in the head and yelling at me that I didn't turn the TV off. I strongly dislike her!! We went to church in the morning, thrilling, I saw some kids I went to school with. After church I endured another bitch session about why am I not a catholic I should be a catholic yap yap yap. We stopped at the cemetary to see my grandpa, and I told him to please visit my gramma in a dream and tell her to be nice. My mom said she wouldn't even listen to her dead husband to be less bitter. I said that there is always a chance.
We went to Blazin' Bills BBQ Restaurant for lunch/dinner and it was delicious. We went back to my gramma's house after that and just sat around. While I was there, TR (the psycho) called me and we made plans to go to karaoke that night when I got back.

I got back around 9:15pm, and told TR to head on over. We went to The Blarney Stone in Pickerington, and it was a good time. They are a bit more expensive than Zuey's or Eldo's but it's not too bad. The people there are super nice. We headed to Eldo's around mindnight-thirty, and I was drunk somehow, after only 5 1/2 beers (I had 2 - 16 oz, that's where the 1/2 comes in haha.) I had some Coronas at Eldo's, bought GG and myself a poison apple shot, and sang two songs. Doc was running the karaoke cuz Cat was out. I heart Doc. Oh, and as a side note, I will probably never sing "Redneck Woman" again... well maybe I will, but I sucked at it on Sunday night. By the time TR and I left Eldo's I was trashed again, but not completely, and when I woke up Monday morning I felt like shit. I hate feeling like shit the morning after a night when I didn't even drink enough to deserve feeling like shit. For the record, TR and I DID NOT have sex at all. The last time I even had sex was last week (see: June 13, "How to learn Italian in Three Easy Steps".)

Monday

GMc and I decided to try and see TM again today. We met up at Zuey's around 7pm and drove down to the workhouse. Again, TM had already had a visitor. I ran into some kids TM and I used to chill with back in the cocaine days. They were cool. I hope they straighten their lives out. I don't think they were there to see TM though. GMc and I were not hungry yet, so we drove around for about an hour listening to Ben Folds Five while he read my little notebook that I keep in my purse. We drove through Grigg's Reservoir, around Upper Arlington, out to where my old high school is, and all over the place. We stopped at his house so he could change out of his work clothes and into something more comfortable. Talked to Big J (GMc's roommate) for a minute, and left. Headed over to some friend's of GMc's house, they live on the same street I lived on when I lived in UA. I knew the one chick a little bit, but her man/fiancee/whatever was out of town so I didn't get to meet him. Their neighbor, another friend of GMc's, came over while we were there because he likes to use their computer. I had seen him at karaoke a few times before. GMc, this guy, and I all chilled by the computer while the dude showed me these pics of these Russian girls that he emails back and forth. I could tell that a lot of them were fake. I feel bad for dude 'cause he's a really nice guy that seems to always get the shaft. We stayed there for about an hour and then headed to Patrick J's for beers and dinner. We had quesedillas and nachos, which were divine. GMc and I were both tired so I took him back to Zuey's and dropped him off, then headed home. I purchased "Sideways" off Indemand, but it was a bit too boring to watch at one a.m.

More later, TR is coming over to make dinner tonight... this should be interesting.

Late,
Kel

No comments: