25 May 2006

Finally!

Oh my god. I am so fucking thrilled that Taylor Hicks won this year's American Idol competition. I almost cried, seriously.



It was a good, if long, finale. The Puck 'n' Pickler part was retarded, because I love Wolfgang Puck but I hate Kellie Pickler. I hate all blonde southern airheads in general. I mean come on, how could she turn down escargot from one of the best chefs in the world?! I liked the part where Paris sang with Al Jarreau (sp?), but the Meatloak/Kat McPhee really threw me for a loop. I was seriously concerned that Mr. Loaf was going to die onstage. He was shaky and sweaty and lookin' like he was in major withdrawal mode. I don't know. But he ruined her performance, I think, because she probably could have done very well on that song. Elliot Yamin sang U2 with Mary J. Blige, which confused the hell outta me, and Chris Daughtry sang with LIVE. That was awesome and funny at the same time because he looks just like Ed Kowalczyk, and they move very similarly as well. They sang wonderfully together. Other than that, it was mostly filler, they had the former contestant on to sing some songs together, one with boys and one with girls, plus a couple with both. All in all, a fairly good show. I couldn't wait until the end though! When Ryan Seacrest announced Taylor Hicks, I was so happy. SL looked at me like I was nuts, but whatever. I am just glad that McPheever didn't take over the nation. I'm tired of female pop singers.

Soul Patrol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to avoid American Idol, but he seemed to be the least cookie-cutter-blando of the bunch.
I'm glad he won, too.

ps. do you know you've got your "comment moderation" set on? If you're wondering why you've got no comments this is hopefully why.
:)