16 May 2006

I'm only happy when it rains.

And it's a good thing too, since this is our 7th consecutive day of rain here in sunny Columbus, Ohio. Jym Ganahl predicts 16 consecutive days, even though he says he's never seen it in his lifetime, and I think he might be right. Crazy.

So, yeah, I haven't posted in awhile... Sorry. I've actually been busy at work, which is awesome. Hopefully this means things are looking up and I won't be so fucking broke anymore. I'm literally making less than half now than what I was making this time last year. My income plus SL's income combined for one month is equal to one of my 2005 May paychecks. It fucking blows. But that's alright, things are really going well at work and also SL will be getting a raise within the next few weeks, once he completes the PSA training. Then, for him, it's on to Pharm Tech certification and after that is finished, another raise. Basically, within 4-6 months, hopefully sooner, SL will be making only $1-2 less per hour than I make. Hell yeah.

So, it's been a very eventful week. Some not so great, some great, but all events. Ha.

Where I left off last, things were strained between SL and myself. Thursday night we went out to dinner, which started off kinda iffy because I had told him we were going, and to not spend any money in case they didn't take cards (turns out they don't) and in the meantime, he bought a new shaver. It was a good deal, $9, but still. He had completely forgotten we were going to dinner. We went anyway, it was alright, and then went to karaoke after some adult fun. I figured he owed me. *wink* Karaoke was great, they have it upstairs at Gordy's now. I met some real French guys from France, Joe and Michael, and they were cool. They didn't stay long, but that's okay. I spoke what little french I know to them (Je suis le grande fromage, Je suis le chien de fromage) and they were amused. AK from work was there, with some crazy girl (not his ex, hahaha) and I talked to him for a little while. When we were leaving he told this chick to follow him, and for some reason she followed us, all the way to Taco Bell, even though AK lives the opposite direction. I called him, arranged plans, and she made it there I guess. She had left her phone at the bar and she was a bit off, but I suppose that was my good deed for a drunk. All in all, that was a good night.

Friday was pretty boring, I had my very last appointment with my shrink, and that went well. He said that I've pretty much accomplished what needed to be done, so I only need to go back if I find some more stuff to work on and/or some sort of emergency arises. I feel much better now, mentally, than I did back when I started to see him, so I think he was right.

Saturday I had to get up at the butt-ass-crack of dawn to take SL down to campus for his training session. After that I went to the bank, Check-into-Cash, and Check Smart. I cleaned the house a bit, did the cat boxen, washed the dishes, and stuff like that. I watched a really cool special on A&E about this secret code that is in the bible. Supposedly this code predicted all sorts of historical events (well, when the code was written they were future events) such as Napolean, JFK's assassination, 9/11, and others. Very interesting. I haven't decided whether or not I believe such a code, but the proof that it could be real was that they decoded a section (matrix) where it said something about "peace treaty" and "four powers" and Iraq or Iran or Palestine or something, to happen in 2005, and if you recall there was that meeting of the UN, USA, EU, and someone else (I am pretty sure it was Palestinian leaders) talking about not invading Palestine or something... sheesh, I wish I could remember it better. Regardless, what the code predicted came true. (The first hour was recorded in 2003 and the second was recorded in 2005, that's how they could prove it!) For more information go here.

Also on Saturday, the maintenance guy came to fix my tub drain. Friday morning I woke up and while SL was in the shower I went downstairs to get my phone or something, and noticed all this water pouring out of the ceiling. Apparently this had happened before, because when A (the maintenance guy) pulled the pipe out, it was covered with a shitty silicone patch job (stupid mexicans.) It took him and his assistant three and a half hours to fix! The plumbing was built before the inside frame was finished, and the elbow joint that went up to the tub drain was butted up against a support joist that could not be moved. One dude was up there with a crow bar trying to hold the joist a few centimeters away from the pipe while A was up in the bedroom trying to attach it through the access hole. It was amusing for me but I'm sure they were frustrated. It all worked out, and I only have two holes in the ceiling, which are supposed to be fixed today. Good deal.
I made a crock pot dinner on Saturday, which turned out so awesome. We drank some margaritas and watched a bunch of SVU episodes, and it was good.

Sunday was Mother's Day, so I went with my family to Cleveland while SL stayed home and went to work. My family and I went to Blazin' Bills, which has shitty service but delicious food. I had 12 buffalo chicken wings and three baked jalapenos, and I couldn't believe I ate that much, but they were SO good. It was like, addicting. Crazy. We hung out at GMaP's house a little bit, and made it home to Columbus around nine thirty. GMc called me in the afternoon, from Manitoba! He's there getting a new license and passport, so I haven't seen him in about a month. He said he should be back soon though. SL and I went to karaoke around ten, and met up with TomCat, Sir, and Dooger. A couple other people were there, like TG, BR, Lda, Moose (later on) and a few others. It was a good night; Fuzz was there so I sang "Runaway" for him since he is obsessed with me singing that song. I called GG to see if she and TS were going to come, but she said he was very tired and had to go back to PA the next day, so they didn't come over. That sucked, cuz I was going to buy him a beer for his birthday! The only time I really got irritated that night was when SL was singing so loud in my ear while I was singing "Runaway" (when people sing in my ear it fucks me up) and when he disappeared with Dooger and I found out they were out behind the dumpster smoking pot. Dooger said SL didn't smoke any, but I was suspicious because SL always tells me when he going outside w/Dooger so that I know he isn't smoking. I hope he was telling the truth. I had about five Mich Ultras (one point each) and one Wild Turkey (3 points) and I was feeling great. This old dude came in, I think he called himself Cashman, and he was awesome. I really had to talk to him because he said I looked just like some girls in his family and that part of his family is from Northeast Ohio (where I was born.) I always have to talk to people who say I look like someone in their family because I am adopted and I need to find my family so I can see some people who look like me. I'm not interested in making any kind of relationship with anyone biological, I would just like to see someone who has the same characteristics as I do. More on that later. Anyway, I was talking to this dude and he bought me another drink of Wild Turkey, and the second I drank the last drop I was wasted. I didn't mean to get wasted, and I didn't think that it would send me "over the edge" but it did and I was apologising to SL all the way home. Man, I was drunk. We didn't fight or anything though, and it was great.

Monday we pretty much did nothing, I made tacos for dinner and we chilled and watched "Banned and Censored Cartoons" since there was nothing on. For some reason ABC has been showing shitty movies and specials instead of "Wife Swap" and "SuperNanny" and I'm very sad for that. Oh well. Hopefully it's just a spring thing and the shows will be back on in the summertime. Today is busy, I'm just trying to think of what I could possibly make for dinner. It looks like it's going to be either shrimp and greens or some sort of Helper. Probably Helper since I'm not in the mood for shrimp.

So, let's see... a couple other things to mention. First, I'm very sad that all of my friends are leaving me. TD, DS and RB already quit working here and DJ is about to quit. RB is moving to California, and TD is moving to Florida. It makes me wonder if I haven't gotten into some sort of rut. I'm still here, and I'm not really advancing anywhere, but then again, there really isn't anywhere for me to advance to. I'm already the Senior {insert position here} with my own office... I guess I'm just a bit down because the whole money situation. I feel like a failure because I can't pay my bills, even though it's not my fault that I can't pay my bills. There just hasn't been any business. The rates finally went down a little bit last week, and I do have a lot of loans in my pipeline, it just seems that everything is going so slow. Oh well.
The next thing to mention is Bariatric Surgery. SL and I are going to a seminar next Tuesday from the Barix Clinics to see if I qualify and if my insurance will approve it. I know I qualify because 1) I am more than 100 lbs overweight and 2) I have weight-related health problems. This includes but is not limited to high triglycerides, pending Diabetes, and joint pain. I might have sleep apnea but I'm afraid to get tested for it. I have all the symptoms though. You know, I've been dieting my whole life, and frankly I'm tired of it. I eat healthy, I walk but I don't really exercise because I can't, it's too painful. I get out of breath and my knees hurt. I feel like I'm 60 yrs old but I'm only 24. I need to do something. Which brings me to my next point, death. A lady I know from work died on Sunday, and although it wasn't weight related or anything like that, it really made me think. She was only in her late 30's or early 40's if I remember correctly, and she died from a blood clot that blocked her aorta. I don't know all the specific details. She was young, had a good life going, and just died, the end. If I keep living the way I'm living, that will be me in twenty years. I'll be so morbidly obese (moreso than I already am) that I will be confined to my house and eventually just die of a heart attack or something. I want to have kids, I want to have a life, and I want to be happy. Right now, I'm not. Besides, if I ever have the chance to meet my biological family, I sure don't want them to think, "Good thing we got rid of that fatty, we don't want her in the family."

I will try to update more often, I promise.

No comments: