22 August 2005

How to learn Italian in three easy steps, part two...

The weekend was pretty shitty. I did absolutely nothing on Friday, except for when I talked to SL. We were on the phone til seven a.m. Then Saturday, I did even more of nothing, except I did go to Wendy's to get dinner, and then I talked to Sl until 6:30 a.m. We need to learn to start our conversations earlier in the night...
Last night I went to Eldo's for karaoke, and it was just fine. D*Martin and his friend Mel were there, as well as Tomcat for a moment, Moose, Billy the BDI, SS, Jms, and a few others. Crash and Cat broke up at some point between last Sunday and yesterday, but he was still there. She was singing a bunch of love songs, the "I will change" kind, and I thought it was funny. He and I actually talked for a while, and he's a lot more intelligent than he seems/makes himself out to be. People have always told me this, but I never believed them because the memories I have of Crash involve him being incredibly trashed and falling over a lot, and he was never the one to form complete sentences... but oh well. He looked good and seemed a bit happier so I suppose that's a good thing. I mostly sat with SS/Jms/Billy/Moose, but I flitted around a bit and talked to D*Martin a lot. We were flirting a little, and I thought that was funny since everything that went down with Poke. D*Martin was like, "You really shoulda punched him" and he got pissed when he found out that Poke called me a cunt. I found out that Poke went home with the fat chick and I laughed but was grossed out because 1) She had indicated that she thought he was "nasty" (her word) and 2) She was nasty. I asked D*Martin if we were friends, and he said yes. He was touching me a lot, which was fine, and then by the end of the night he wanted to fuck. I was like, "I don't know, that whole thing went on with Poke, it might be weird." But really I wanted to because I need a piece so bad, however, there is the whole SL thing and with what happened with SC last Sunday... bah. Needless to say nothing happened.
Jms/SS invited me over to their house after karaoke, and I stopped by. Jms had indicated wanted something to "go on" if you get my drift, but I was like, "Listen, you guys are married and she's pregnant. I don't do that." I mean they are both good looking and so on, but I just can't get it on with a 28 year old pregnant chick and her 24 year old gothic husband. Yeah. I called SL as I was pulling out of the parking lot, and we ended up talking til about 4 a.m. He's too sweet.

So this SL thing... for fear of him reading this, which he might, I'm gonna write shit anyway because I'm going nuts. I am totally weirded out by this whole thing - not weirded out like "Oh my god, I'm in love with a vampire" or something, it's just that it's such a weird thing for me to do. Sure, I will fuck whatever dick comes strolling a long, but when it comes to matters of the heart, I'm more picky. I would never pick someone who is 1,149.7 miles away. I would never scrimp and save just to be able to afford to drive to Florida to meet someone I have only talked to on the phone. But I am. I suppose I didn't really "pick" SL so to speak, we just kind of came together via GG's suggestion, but who knew this would happen? I just can't believe I have feelings like this, fully knowing that I will only get to see SL every few months. I wonder what the future is supposed to hold for a relationship like this? I guess that if he ends up going to Jersey for the Army, we would be closer, but still... eventually I guess if it worked out to us being really really serious, I would move to wherever he is stationed. That's a long way off from now, but I still wonder. Back to the present, it's awesome. We talk for hours, usually no less than five at a time, and he calls me at least 2-3 times a day. We talk about everything. We watch TV together, and make comments on Rachael Ray's silly horse teeth and the fact that she only thinks she can speak Italian. He laughs at me when I cry over really sad things like "The Notebook" and says it's great because I'm so girly. He tells me I'm beautiful - in English and in Italian. We've talked about meeting each other's family. He gets all hot and bothered by the thought of me, and even tells me that he dreams of me. I really am planning on going down there in November, as long as I can save up the money and get the time off. I'm not saying I'm in love with this guy, that would be ridiculous. I can't be in love with someone I have never met in person... can I? This is difficult.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things....
1) Rachel Ray does have big teeth, but I love to watch her anyway...whoever heard of making chili in 30 min? That woman is a GOD!! LOL
2) Long distance "things" are truly unique and wonderful, I know, I did it. You get to know someone before you meet them and don't have to worry about the preconcieved notions that plague you when you pick up someone in a bar. Besides, love or not, if you give it time you will know what to do. Your heart will tell you. You may decide to just stay friends, but after you meet him, you may decide that he is the one. Keep an open mind and heart and just don't rush it or make assumptions, it will work out in the end.

P.S. Is he blind too???

JC

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, I miss the days of all-night conversations. The real test is if you can do that face-to-face too! :)

Tough situation, but like you said, you can't really control it! Those things happen!

K said...

No, SL isn't blind, he's just a friend of GG and IG. I'm terribly excited about going there in November! 71 days! I couldn't believe he said he loves me. That rocked. I think in person it will be that much better.
Oh, and Rachael Ray is the SLAM at 30 minute meals. I love her.

Anonymous said...

yay me for hooking you guys up. *laughs* Just cuz I'm blind doesn't mean all my friends are.