01 May 2007

Fat Girl

Last night BI and I watched this French movie, Fat Girl. It was very... fucked up. The synopsis said it was something like "an illicit look at teenage sexuality" but it wasn't really. I mean, it kinda was, cuz it dealt with these two French sisters, one 13 and one 15, and this college-age Italian dude that they met on holiday, and the 15 yr old ends up losing her virginity to the Italian dude. Then some other fucked up shit happens, and at the end you're just like "wtf." Very strange. But that's how French/foreign films usually are I suppose.

Anyway. I suppose I'll tell you all about the weekend.

Friday night BI and I went to Fiesta Jalisco for dinner. He had wanted me to make Fish Tacos (LOL!) for dinner and I was like fuck no, let's go out. We went kinda early, cuz I thought it would take us like an hour and a half to eat since they're usually busy on Friday nights. However, we ordered and within minutes our food arrived. Needless to say we ended up at Groucho's around nine pm, before Cat even got there! KS came in around nine fifteen, and we sat and talked all night... til about one. OK, I gotta break this down, haha.

We talked about everything, from where we're going (we're not yet involved, but we're almost involved, and once we're involved the next step is dating, and we made it clear that neither one of us wants a super serious relationship right now), to where we've been (he told me that as far as we went last week, he hasn't gone that far with a girl in about two years, so I feel special.) It was all gravy, til he was like "Why don't you go hang out with your friends" and I'm like, "Well I get to see them nearly everyday, and I only get to see you once a week." So then the two of us went and sat with my friends together... but KS got up and went to talk to some dude at the other end of the bar a couple minutes later... and didn't come back for awhile. Then he did come back, but only for a little bit. It was very strange. I wanted to worry about it, but then I was like, to myself, "Well maybe he just wanted to talk to that guy and it has nothin to do with me, or maybe he's trying to test me or something ghey like that to see how I react when he leaves me alone, or maybe he was tired of talking to me and didn't want to abandon me at the bar so he pawned me off on my friends..." yeah. I did worry. When I was leaving he said he would get ahold of me on Sunday, but now it's Tuesday and he still hasn't called. I refuse to concern myself because... well I don't know. I think it would be kinda lame. It's not like we're dating... or involved... *scream*

Saturday at Beulah Park was interesting. I ended up having to sing first of everyone in the contest, which sucked major monkey nuts because 1) I hate being first 2) it was fucking windy and cold. I did alright on my song, everyone said I rocked, but I thought it was kinda shitty cuz I was shaking so much from coldness and nervousness. It was a fun day overall though. My parents came, and my mom bet on some horses and kept winning. I think she only lost one out of five bets! It's been like 20 years since she played the races so that was cool. All my friends sang well, I had a delicious grilled cheese sandwich, I met a few new people who were nice and got to spend good quality time with my friends.

Then came the results.

This meanie girl, Tracy, who used to come to Gordy's, won 3rd place. Her song sucked, not only because it was Celine Dion, but because it showed no real talent for singing, only showed off that she could hold a note. Even so, her voice cracked several times and she went off key more than once. But whatever, she was a customer of the girl who was KJ'ing... The girl who won 2nd place, she was awesome. I thought she deserved it. She was also a regular at the KJ's shows. Coincidence? Hrmmm. The girl who won 1st place was quite possibly the worst singer there. She sang "Before He Cheats" and ate the mic while she danced around in her cute little jeans. Had this been a beauty contest, I would have understood her winning - she was definitely the cutest one there. But it was supposed to be a karaoke contest... yeah. In addition to the $1,000 the first place winner got two free sessions with Columbia Street Recording Studio, run by the only male judge at the contest. So. Even though Myself, BI, OA, HB, etc etc etc all sang a hundred times better than this girl, we're not "marketable". We're not "perky" and "uppity" and so forth. Damnit.

Top Cat Karaoke will Dominate Next Time!

Saturday night Bishop picked me up and we met JRod at BP. The three of us headed to Trump's for the "after party" and it was super fun. A lot of my friends were there, and I got to see Cat's brother and sister-in-law, so that was cool. BI ended up showing up, and he was in somewhat of a foul mood... which carried over into...

Sunday! I woke up at like ten thirty am, made some dippy eggs, went back to my room and read Saturday and Sunday's paper while listening to VH1's greatest videos of the 80's. It was a wonderful relaxing day. When I finally emerged from my room, BI was at the kitchen table reading the newspaper. I said something like "oh you got the sports page I left out for you" and he was like "No, I bought this paper" in kind of a shitty voice. I'm like ooooh ok... weird. He's usually not snappy. So anyway, I laid on the couch for awhile, BI left, and I tried to find a ride to karaoke cuz I wanted to see TomCat before he left for Florida. Finally EB got ahold of me and said she would pick me up at nine. Yay!

We went up to Eldo's and it was pretty much empty. I like that though, cuz it gets fucking hot in that place when it's crowded. I called GG after awhile and told her to come over cuz I knew she wanted to see TomCat before he left as well, plus we hadn't seen each other since her birthday. I went back and forth between inside and outside, talking to EB and the Dogg inside and GG, TomCat, and The Sir outside. It was so fun. I only spent $23 too, that was great! On the way home, EB got pulled over by the Westerville Cops. I was all fucked up over it, cuz I would have felt SO bad if she got a DUI while taking me home. But the cop was cool and let her go, didn't even give her a ticket or anything, cuz she said her contact was fucked up and that's why she was weaving. Cripes. Why can't awesome shit like that happen to me?! Hahaha.

So that's about it for the weekend. What do you all think of my new layout? I like it. I'm kinda pissed cuz I lost my avatars and half my links, but it's gravy. I'll get them back.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

so you don't like ketchup and french dressing...LOVE both of them...hummmm so we are different....lol