17 May 2007

RE: Jerry Falwell

He said terrible things about pretty much everyone who wasn't Christian. I don't mind people who have their own opinions, but my god there's no reason to be as nasty and ignorant as he was.

Some Jerry Falwell quotes:

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan in America."

"Homosexuality is Satan's diabolical attack upon the family that will not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it will also bring down the wrath of God upon America."

"I believe that global warming is a myth. And so, therefore, I have no conscience problems at all and I'm going to buy a Suburban next time."

"I think the Moslem faith teaches hate."

"If I were doing something that the Bible condemns, I have two choices. I can straighten up my act, or I can somehow distort and twist and change the meaning of the Bible." (Love that one!)

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."

"Textbooks are Soviet propaganda."

"There's been a concerted effort to steal Christmas."

No comments: