04 October 2005

What do having sex in a canoe and American Beer have in common?

They're both fucking close to water. Har.

!Viernes!

I went to Zuey's after work with GG. We stayed for a minute and I had one beer and then KP called and said she was coming in when she was done with work, so GG and I went to Dairy Queen. I had some weird flashbacks of working at the Dairy Queen and it was kinda funny because when I went to get a bag for the Blizzard I was taking home (oh shit totally meant to write "back to Zuey's" instead of home) for KL, I asked for a #4 bag like the biggest dork in the world. The #4 bags are the smallest bags available. I'm so silly. I was telling GG then about how McDonald's actually has pictures on the bag of what is supposed to go in it, like on the side or the bottom there is a diagram of a burger in a box with a fry on top of it and that is all that is supposed to go in the bag. Sometimes I wish people actually learned how to properly put food in a bag, but I digress.

We went back to Zuey's and after a little while KP showed up. She had her miniture pinscher, Spike, with her, and he was just so cute. He and Wendell wanted to play, but she couldn't obviously since she was working. I had never seen Wendell face to face with another dog, but I thought she would have behaved better, since she's trained and all that. Eventually she chilled on the floor but I was still worried she would drag GG out of the chair at any point in time and it made me nervous. It was funny though, when Spike wanted to play with Wendell and I was like, "Aww Spike if you were a seeing-eye Spike you couldn't play either!" and then we came up with the brilliant idea of a min-pin with a teeny tiny harness being a guide dog for a blind midget. I hate midgets. GG didn't think it was funny, I don't think, but I told MC and IG and Sl later on and they howled just as much as KP and I did.

Danielle came in at seven when KL's shift was over, and I was sad because it was KL's last day before maternity leave. Danielle told KP that she had to get her dog out because it was violating health code rules (as if the rest of fucking Zuey's is clean - ha.) So GG left and I went to go find some E. I couldn't, so I just headed over to KP's house and we drank some beers. She passed out after about two hours and I went back to Zuey's. It was dead, and there was no DJ (not that I minded ol' boy not being there.) Some dude who goes by Cave was there with two really gay looking bear type fat dudes. They were so nice though and I think they bought me a beer but I can't be positive. We sang our little hearts out and yelled oh my god sang so loud the song "Joey" by Concrete Blonde. Danielle complemented me on my voice and I almost died. So, then, I was going to finish my beer and suddenly I was completely trashed. I called GG to see if I could go to her house and sleep for awhile but while I was on the phone with her, SL called and I ended up driving home with him on the phone with me. Somehow, I made it. I don't think I was as drunk as I thought I was because I felt alright, just a little bit out of it... now that I think of it... I did leave my beer by that Cave guy... I bet he slipped something into it. I really fucking think he did because it tasted funny. Goddamnit. Good thing I went home. Talked to SL for awhile and then GG called back and I had totally forgotten I was on the phone with her. Told her I was okay, and finished talking to SL, and went to sleep.

!Sábado!
TM's little baby, Mason, had his first birthday on Sept. 29th, so there was a party at the park on this Saturday. Poor little dude was sick though, he had a little bit of a fever and was just cranky. His little marshmellow had to keep being suctioned and I felt so bad for him. We got a cake from DQ, and I cut it because I got skills, and it was pretty good. I haven't had ice cream cake in years. Mason was so cute when he was eating the cake, it was red icing and vanilla/chocolate cake, and he really seriously had icing all over his face and eyes and in his nose and ears and eyelashes even. So cute. It was a pretty generic little kid's party, I felt kinda weird being around TM's family (his aunt and uncle were there) because a lot of people blame me for breaking up the marriage, even though I honestly didn't. That's an old story though. Did find out one interesting thing though, my exboyfriend, Doug, that I dated in 2002 right before I got married, had sex with Y once or twice. Weird. As time goes on, I'm finding that I know more and more people connected with other people in strange ways. Life I guess.

I went to Zuey's for one beer because little kids tackling me and hanging on me make me want to relax ASAP. RC was there and some dude named Bob we had never met before and so we played The Game. It was pretty fun. I love The Game. Somehow this dude even convinced RC to stay when he was about to sneak out. Bob has super powers! Nobody can ever get RC to stay when he's on his way out. I talked to Ferfer, who is working Saturdays open to close now since KL is gone, and she is actually not as bad as I once thought. Still not totally sold on her, but it's alright, she'll do in a pinch. BR made a big Japanese dinner for us, and it was pretty cool. We had BBQ eel, clam sauce over rice, curry over rice, and crab sushi. I was pretty fucking impressed with BR's skill. Shit was awesome. I still wanted French Fries though, so I went and bought some cigarettes and got a fry on my way back to the bar. I was going to have another beer but I was so tired that I just left after Ferfer and I shared some fries.

I called SL on my way home, and he was trashed. (Thank god he's over that now.) He answered and I was like "Hi" and here is how the conversation went from then on (he's talking like Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"):

SL: Heeeeeey
Me: Hi
SL: Guess what? I loooooooove yoooou. You're so preeeeeeeeetty. I can't believe you're coming to see meeeeeeeeee. Yousobeautifullll. Lemme getcherpitcherouttamywallet. Oh! You're soooooo pretty. Sooooo pretty.
*and then he started breaking up*
Me: Hello? Thank you honey. I love you too. You're breaking up.
SL: Let me call you back when I have a signal.

I called him back when I got home because I was going to bed. He was like "I love you and I have to go where there is more signal I will call you right back." all in one breath, and I said, "Nah, I just wanted to say I love you and goodnight because I'm going to bed." I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up til Eminem called me and left a voicemail and I called him back while I was half asleep and told him I was sleeping. Weird.

!Domingo!

Sunday... oh man. Dinner with the family at J. Alexander's... yum extreme. Food is so fucking wonderful, except after you eat some of everything, then you try and eat one thing, it's so rich and lucious that you can't. I had a New York Strip 16 oz steak, a gigantic salad, NYO Mac'n'Cheese, and then SK and I split some chocolate death cake. I don't think it was actually called death cake but it should have been. Then I went home and became violently ill from all the dairy I had eaten (Hi, totally allergic, not lactose intolerant, allergic to dairy) and shortly thereafter I decided to be productive. I dug out all the binders of my poems I've been writing the last nine years and I put them on the computer. Around five, KP called and wanted me to come over. I kept on inputting poems until about eight, and then I headed over to her house. We watched "Dr. T. and His Women" which is weird, and then watched some episodes of "Family Guy." I left around 11pm and drove to Eldo's because I sorta felt like doing karaoke, but when I pulled in there was no one there so I left. (Well there were folks there but no one I was interested in seeing.) Talked to SL for about three hours for the first time in weeks, and we had a great wonderful conversation. I love him.

!Lunes!

I got a free m.c. escher poster from some lady and it rocks.

GMc came over for dinner, I made tacos, and then we watched "Miracle". It was pretty funny to watch a movie about American Hockey with a Canadian guy. He's so great though. We talked about all sorts of stuff and I was so thrilled that he was over because I haven't hung out with GMc in like a really fucking long time. After the movie, around midnight, we went out to Brewstir's at Weber and High for karaoke. That was so much fun. We are both just dead tired of Eldo's and Hot Spot and all the boring ass beat down karaoke bars. We crave excitement. Hot Spot isn't too bad for me, but I am wearing thin on it. I sang "Wait" and "Bobby McGee" and both times the crowd went wild. I fucking rock. Cat bought us each a beer and two shots and that was pretty great. I was talking to her when I got there and she said that Poke has been looking for me. I sent him a txt msg and left him a voicemail while I was driving home, and I haven't yet heard from him. Apparently he came in to Brewstir's last Monday, this past Sunday, and was in there yesterday but left before I got there, and he was asking everyone if they knew where I had been. What a weird bird.

SL and I were on the phone til almost six. I have one thing to say: "Come può il sesso del telefono essere così buono?"

No comments: