12 December 2005

Oh Sal!

What a wonderful weekend. SL is just perfect. I hope this lasts!

Friday GG and I went to Target so she could get Christmas gifts for her man. I helped her pick them out, and I think he will really like them. I can't say what we got because he reads my blog and I'm not sure if they exchanged yet or not! Friday night SL and I stayed on the phone as long as possible so it would be less time between waking up and him arriving here. We got off the phone around one a.m., and I finished reading Great Expectations. I was bored still and couldn't sleep, so I started to read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which starts out v e r y boring. Terribly. I fell asleep on page three, so I got up and turned off the light and went to sleep... only to be woken up by the noise of water dripping inside my wall. That sucked because every seven to fifteen seconds I'd hear "drip" and it kept me up. Finally I passed the time by counting seconds between drips steadily and eventually fell asleep for good around two a.m.
I woke up at nine thirty a.m. That sucked. I had tried so hard to sleep for so long! I ended up reading the rest of Jekyll & Hyde and the story that was after it, The Bottle Imp. That story was really good, I was surprised. I'm not usually a big fan of short stories, I prefer long novels that suck you in and take weeks to read.
Anyway.
After I read so much that I could barely see, I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't so I went down stairs, cleaned the cat box, did the dishes, cleaned up some trash, took the trash out (actually set it on the back stoop) and then made a grilled cheese sandwich. I ate that, wandered around for a minute, then called SL. He was packing, so we talked for that little while, and then hung up because he had a couple things to do before going to the airport. The wait from four o'clock p.m. until five forty-five p.m. when he called to say he had landed in Atlanta was the longest hour and forty five minutes ever. Then, the trouble began. SL went out to smoke a cigarette, and he was away from the plane for about twenty minutes. When he went back to the gate, there was a sign that said to go to a different gate to catch the plane to Columbus. When he got to that gate, the plane had already left! They didn't even wait for their full 45 minute layover. I was devestated. So was SL! They put him on stand by for a 21:30 flight to Columbus, but they couldn't guarantee he would get on it. I went to Kroger's and then to Zuey's to wait for him to call and let me know. Finally at 20:55 SL called and told me his name was on the list and he was definitely getting the flight. If he hadn't gotten that one, he would have had to wait until 9:20 a.m Sunday morning for a flight. Luckily, it all worked out. I picked him up at the airport around 23:15 and it was wonderful. I was so happy to see him I could barely contain myself.
We went home and hung out for awhile, and, well... adult fun ensued. We ended up staying up until about 4:00 a.m. I haven't slept with a person in my bed since... well, I suppose since I was dating Poke, so my sleep was quite restless. SL tosses and turns a lot too, so that didn't help. I kept waking up and being really hot, so I opened the window, then another time I turned on the fan, and I finally fell asleep for about four straight hours only to wake up around ten thirty a.m. It was okay though. More adult happiness, then we finally got out of bed, showered, and he made breakfast. SL makes the best omlettes ever! I thought I was good at making omelettes, but SL definitely has me beat. We laid around, more adult fun, then started to watch The Godfather. Just as it started, GMc called. He and Ron were on the way back from Alabama/Kentucky, and had two extra tickets to the Blue Jackets game. I was all over that! SL and I got ready, and I checked to see who they were playing... turned out to be the New Jersey Devils! Funny because SL grew up in New Jersey. The game was awesome. We had a lot of fun, and SL had never been to a hockey game before. The Blue Jackets won, of course, because I have never been to a game where they lost! 3-2 in overtime, it was great.
We went to Burger King after the game, and then headed to Eldo's. It was TG's 50th birthday, so we wanted to see him, and I bought him a beer. We had a couple pitchers, sat and talked with DG and TG for awhile, and then when GMc and Ron got there, SL played pool with them while I sat and talked to Zara. It was a wonderful evening. I think having SL in my life is just what I need. Anyway, we ended up taking GMc home, and he and SL were trashed. I was a little irritated because they hadn't included me in their shots and hadn't even told me about it, but I wasn't too mad. Just upset because I don't want to end up with another drunk like MMA. I told SL I was upset, and he got really emotional, and he asked me to marry him... don't get all excited folks, he was drunk. But we talked about it, and we have to figure out how to get me divorced first. The cost has risen significantly from $1,500 to $3,500. I guess we'll get it done somehow. But anyhow, SL and I went home and he was very lovey, and we finally fell asleep around three a.m. Woke up at eight thirty-ish, and had a wonderful morning. Stopped at McD's for breakfast and brought it to the office. He met some people I work with, and then went home. Tonight we're going to my parent's house for dinner. We were going to go to karaoke but I'm going to tell them to come on Tuesday or Wednesday because those days will be less smoky, and Wednesday is the Karaoke Christmas Party at Brewstir's.
What a wonderful time.

No comments: