06 December 2005

When Jesus said "Love Thy Neighbor" I don't think he meant doggy style.

Well Sunday night was interesting. Karaoke was dead, really dead. I got to sing eight times! I spent most of the night talking to BR, and I was happy because he's finally over that angry drunk phrase, even though he's still on the drunk phase. We talked about all kinds of things, from working at Dairy Queen (we both worked there from ages 15 til 21, but about 20 years apart!) to his daughter, to SR doing my hair. We really covered a wide range of topics! And it was great because BR and I haven't sat down and talked like that in a really long time. I was proud of him too because he stopped drinking 1) before he ran out of money and 2) before he was completely trashed, and he drank coffee for the rest of the night.
Yesterday I pretty much did nothing, sat on the couch and drank beer while I watched "Chicago" and "Who's Line is it Anyway?" and "Iron Chef." The Iron Chef was really good this time, they had battle blue crab and it made me so frickin' hungry for Chinese food, even though it was Iron Chef Italian versus the Thai King & Queen's Royal Food Critic. The Thai food looked way better than the other food, but the Iron Chef won anyway. Sometimes I think it's rigged because I would much rather eat the competitor's meal than the Iron Chef's, but he wins anyway! Oh well. I was glad it was crab because lately the battles have been tofu or eggplant or weird asian fish that I've never heard of... that's just not fun for my brain. I like to watch battles with things I like to eat or would like to try.
I talked to SL this morning, and he told me he passed out at work yesterday. I think he needs to treat his body a lot better, but he doesn't really have a choice... well, kinda. He never sleeps because of the PTSD, and it's taking a toll on him. Plus he gets fucked up often and he doesn't sleep then either. He needs sleep! His body is just gonna shut down one of these days, and it won't be pretty. I try to tell him, but like any typical man, he doesn't listen.
I had a strange dream last night. GG and I were on our way to this church event/dinner. She was driving my big pimped out white and gold SUV, but it was special because blind people could drive it - The truck would turn and stop and it even had sensors to make it stop quickly if someone cut you off or something like that. Just like a sighted person would be driving it! The SUV was so big that GG, Wendell and I sat three across, and I was having issues because Wendell had fleas that were the size of house flies. We finally got to the church, which happened to be near Westgate Park in the Hilltop. Everything was decorated in white and silver and everyone (including us) was wearing maroon shirts and khaki pants or skirts. Wendell had a maroon collar on because her fur is kinda khaki colored. We had to register/sign in whatever, and the girl behind the table kept insisting that Wendell and GG were some other girl and her dog, and was trying to get them to go to a different section, even though her tickets matched mine. Then I saw SL across the way and I looking right at him when my phone started ringing and I was wondering why he was calling me when he was looking straight at me... then I realised he was calling me in real life and I woke up.

No comments: