17 November 2006

1-900-Pokesalot

So. I have a boyfriend and his name is Poke. Anyone surprised? I am! Seriously. We all remember that it didn't work out back then, and who would have thought it would ever happen again? Not me. I wanted to date him, but I never thought he'd want to date me. I was under the impression that he wasn't in the market for a serious girlfriend. Apparently I was wrong! Yay!
*dances around happily*

So, Wednesday Poke came over, and I had a wonderful romantic thing set up for us. At this point, we're not dating. He had wanted something involving these high heels I had, and I figured that if I was gonna make myself look all sexy for him then I may as well make the house look sexy too. So I turned down the lights, lit some candles in the bedroom, put on some music... it was very wonderful. He was quite pleased and I definitely reaped the benefits of that! After quality time, we met up with JW at Spoonz near my parents' house on Sawmill. Once again Poke drove and paid for everything. It was swell. JW is pretty funny, and we get along well. It's just strange to look at him because he looks so much like my little brother. Seriously. The three of us just pretty much sat there and yakked all night, and it was quite relaxing. There was a super fat guy who looked like SL's 400 pound twin, and that was amusing. JW does this great impression of D*Martin, omg, it was dead on. I thought I was going to choke on my beer from laughing so hard. He sounded just like him.
We were going to go to Brewstir's in the Continent but decided to just go home instead. I was so drunk because I hadn't bothered to eat dinner, since I was too busy being sexy and stuff. It was a wonderful night. Shortly before we left, I don't really know how it happened, but Poke and I were talking about god knows what, I can't even remember, and suddenly I find myself saying, "So does that mean you're my boyfriend?" and he was like, "Yes." And I was happy. Later he told me he loved me without hardly any provocation. I was happy.

I am happy still.

Poke stayed at my house all day, did some laundry for me, and watched movies. My damn cable still hasn't been installed. I went and picked up GG after work, and we got home around 6:15pm and I made the mac'n'cheese (mmm!) while they sat and talked. I think they got along pretty well, which is great, and I think that as time goes on they will probably get along better once they are used to how the other one is. We watched The Little Mermaid and talked while the dinner was cooking. GG loved my mac'n'cheese too, that was awesome. She ate two huge plates and I was like "Yup." After dinner Poke was trying to fill his Zippo with this lighter fluid that I have. He filled the cotton up and tried lighting it, and he kept flicking the thing over and over, when all of a sudden it burst into flames. This flaming lighter comes flying right towards GG and me, I back up and she backs up and I'm like blowing on it to put it out, cuz it landed right next to my regular lighter and I didn't want that to explode. It was all over within 45 seconds. Poor Poke's finger hair got singed off. Luckily no one got hurt and my table didn't get damaged either. It was very traumatic for that short time though!
The three of us headed up to Gordy's for the karaoke contest. It was a very fun time, although I was slightly annoyed when I found out that I couldn't win. I was told that you could win once a month, but apparently you can only win once every four weeks. Sneaky sneaky! Poke and GG didn't win anything either, and none of us won any gift certificates. It was kinda disheartening, but we had a really swell time anyway. GG got to meet AK from work, and she thought he was the bee's knees. I'm glad my friends can all get along. It seemed like AK and Poke got along quite swimmingly as well!