24 November 2006

Tittilating Turkey Trash

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Even though I'm a day late...

I had a wonderful holiday. Went over to my parents' house, ate some food, it was good. Got to see GMap too. She was in an alright mood, but she's kinda losing it I think, cuz she keeps telling the same stories over and over. Oh well, she'll be 90 years old next year, I'm pretty sure that gives her the right.

Poke and I hung out after the family festivities, we were going to go out somewhere but ended up at home on the couch, which was just fine. He crashed for awhile and I finished the movie (which I had already started the day before, so I just skipped to the end, lol) and then went to bed at around eleven, like old people. We woke up around 8am because the cable guys were supposed to come between 8-10, and they did, around 8:30am, right when I got into the shower. Poke took care of everything though, it was cool. I didn't feel like I had to supervise, like I did when I was with SL.
Speaking of, I must add this in real quick, Poke's done more for me in the week that we've been together than SL did in ten months. Last week, Poke did some laundry and took out the trash, without my asking him to. I had mentioned shit I needed to get done, and he did it while I was at work. This morning, he took out the trash, and I mean ALL the trash, the bag and the boxes next to it too, and I never even said a word. It was fucking great. I like having a grown up boyfriend!

Anyway, after the cable guys left, he and I headed over to the mall for some reason, he had said something about wanting to shop but we didn't buy anything. They did have these rockin' TMNT t-shirts at Hot Topic, but they were like $13 so I didn't buy one. I hope I get one for Christmas though!! Hint hint hint my friends, I would like a TMNT t-shirt or trucker hat please. We wandered around the mall for about an hour, which was nice and relaxing, and it wasn't even too packed. After that we went to his work so he could pick up his check and see his schedule. Found out that he only has Thursday off, which sucks majorly, since my company christmas party is on Saturday and he had requested that off. I guess he's going to be managing hard core next week though, since he's 3rd in command of his shift or something, and the #1 guy is on vacation, so the #2 and #3 guys have to step up. I'm proud of him, and I'm glad he takes pride in his job.
Poke and I had lunch at Jersey Mike's, and GG, I'd like you to know that Poke can eat an entire #9 on white with everything and drink a medium drink in under 30 minutes. I think y'all should have a contest. Hehehe! I had a vegetarian sub on wheat and a Diet Dr. Pepper, since I'm now a fishitarian (other than the turkey that's left over, lol, cuz I can't let it go to waste, but honestly the cats will get most of it!) We went over to his place so I could meet his mom but she was sleeping or something so I never did get to meet her. He and I watched this movie... um... Just Friends, and it was hilarious. We watched the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too. What a beautiful relaxing day, just hanging out and holding each other. That is probably one of my favorite things about Poke - he is constantly touching me. No matter where we are or what we're doing, he at least has one pinky finger on me at all times. Well, obviously not in the bathroom, haha, unless we're in the shower, or when I'm getting ready he likes to just sit on the floor and watch me, and when we're driving. When he's driving he holds my hand sometimes, but when I'm driving he doesn't touch me unless I put my hand on his leg. But I digress. The point is, he is so very affectionate. And he's a good man, he takes care of me. We've talked about the bullshit that happened in the past, and we've both apologized, and it's exactly that - the past. I think we both needed time to grow and learn and experience and realise exactly what we wanted. I'm tired of losers, he's tired of chasing girls and dealing with whores. So it's all good. Dr. Bob won't be happy about it, but that's okay.

Ah, I'm off on a tangent again. I'm just so happy and I have a million thoughts running through my brain!!!

I left Poke's place around four thirty so he could get some sleep before work, and headed over to Home Depot (more on that later) and then to Hallmark. I spent $27 today, and got all of this: a meal, 1/2 a tank of gas (from Poke!), cuddle time, something at Home Depot, 2 boxes of XMas cards, 4 Xmas gift bags, and a card (for Poke.) I should have spent about $75. I'm happy happy happy. And I still have enough money to get me to my next paycheck! I don't know how to handle myself with a boyfriend who treats me well. It's almost scary. But I love it.

Oh! I forgot to tell you guys about karaoke on Wednesday. It was fun. Hung out with all my friends, had a great time, even made up with that bitch Holly, although now I have to figure out a nickname/initials for her on this blog. I don't know what her last name is, haha. I'll get it eventually. We had a swell time, Moose, HB, Cat, Sanddog showed up, um... and D*Martin of course... and I can't remember who else. But it was fucking great. Oh there were these super ugly fat chicks there, hahahahaha, omg, and they were hitting on D*Martin. He was like "pretend to be my wife so they'll leave me alone." So I did, and they bought it, but then after I left, I guess they told him they didn't care and he pretty much had to bolt to get away from them. It was hilarious. Poor D*Martin, he never gets the ones he wants. In fact I was thinking about him so much that night that I had a dream and he was in it, and at one point my phone in the dream was ringing and ringing and ringing. I turned off the ringer because D*Martin was bitching about it going off. When I woke up I had four missed calls from Poke who was waiting outside my door to come in, and I guess I had heard him calling and it incorporated into my dream. I felt like a tool, but it was all good. He said he heard my phone ringing through the window, which I found quite amusing.

So, to sum things up, I'm a happy girl, Poke's a great man, SL's a jerk, Time Warner Cable is slow as frozen molasses, and it's now time to go watch TV. Happy, happy days.

No comments: