10 November 2006

Uncle Jesse and the meaning of life

Last night was super swell. GG and I went out to dinner at Fiesta Jalisco, then headed over to my house and I showed her around. It was a little confusing because of all the turns and stairs, but I think she will get used to it after awhile. We chilled and then headed out to karaoke. It was a very very fun time and we were so so silly. Especially at the restaurant because there were some middle aged ladies sitting at the booth across from us, and they were just being old. Saying funny things that we missed half the sentence and it was hilarious. One of them laughed and I mocked her and GG cracked up. It was great. Karaoke was fun too. A different person other than Zara did the show, but I've met him before, and he was pretty good. There was this crazy chick there, Layla, and she was irritating the hell out of GG and me. She was ugly with pale skin and a fake red ponytail. She was telling GG all about how her sister is blind and she went to OSSB and stuff, like GG would really fucking know her. Especially since her sister is like five years behind GG. How lame. She couldn't sing either, omg. She was telling us how she and her fiance are getting married in Eldo's, for real, and how they are regulars. GG and I were like WHATEVER because if they were really regulars they would know us and they would know GG's dad and everything. But all the people we asked did she know, she said no. We laughed at her in front of her face and she laughed with us. It was a super swell time, other than that girl being so annoying, but at least it gave us something to laugh about! I took GG home around twelve fifteen, I think.

I went home and watched the rest of the South Park movie, and I still wasn't tired, so I tried to watch the rest of Murder By Numbers that Poke and I had started on Wednesday. That did the trick! About fifteen minutes into it I started to drift off. What a boring ass movie. I don't even know why it's so boring, it's a great story. Oh well.

I had the most terrifying dream ever. For real. I dreamt that I was in a karaoke contest that was being held in St. Mary Magdalene Church. The contest worked like this: You would pick out two songs to sing, and the moderators would pick out two songs for you. OA and D*Martin were the moderators. I picked out "When Its Over" and "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" but I turned them in too late so I had to sing the song OA picked out. It was "Girlfriend" but he wouldn't tell me which version it was. There are so many songs called "Girlfriend"! After you sing your first song, you are voted into or out of the next round, sort of like American Idol. I sat in the audience and watched everyone sing. These two girls I knew from high school were there, a chick from grade school, and RMac were there too. I was after RMac. There was some girl also named Kelly that was singing, and she was not too bad. She thought she sucked though, and after she was finished she ran to the bathroom. I was up in two people, so I went to the bathroom at that point. When I was in the stall I heard her crying to her friend about how terrible she was. I came out and tried to say nice things to her while I was washing my hands, but she was so stuck up that she didn't even want any moral support from someone she was competing against.
I wasn't nervous really, because I was pretty sure I had the whole thing wrapped up. I didn't think OA would try and screw my chance by picking out a song I didn't know. Well when I got up there to sing, it started off as "Green-eyed Lady" by Sugar Loaf, which is a song that I kinda know but not so much. I figured I could fake my way through it, until a book appeared in my hand and the tune changed. The book was a sort-of lyric book, very large but not too many pages, and it had big abstract pictures. Then, the lyrics changed to French. I had no idea what was going on, I couldn't speak French, and I couldn't keep up with the words. I was sweating and on the verge of tears by the time it was over. When the music stopped, I looked up out into the audience, and everyone was just sitting there with their mouths hanging open. No one clapped. I stammered something about "trying my best on a song I'd never heard before" but they booed me off the stage and out of the building.
Outside I was walking down the sidewalk and ran into Uncle Jesse from Full House. He was helping some kid fix his bike. We started talking and he gave me a nice long speech about the meaning of life and how I should only care about what I think and not worry about other people. I told him he was insane and asked if he would like to have sex. He said that would be just fine, and we climbed into a refrigerator that was near a tree. The fridge led to some underground house. Then I woke up.

No comments: