09 April 2007

Delicious and Finnish

This is the shit that real rock stars are made of. This is what they get in Finland.


This is what we get in America.


This is NOT fair. FUCK!! I'm moving to Finland.

Anyway, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'd like to wish SJK a very happy 18th birthday! Yay! I can't believe that my little fucking brother is 18 already. It makes me feel really OLD! I know I'm not old, shit, 25 isn't old at all, but the fact that I can remember life before SJK existed is just so strange to me. I even remember the very morning that we got him, I remember what happened at school that day, knowing that something was going to happen to me but not knowing what. We got SJK a month after he was born, on May 8th, and I remember seeing my mom in the hallway outside my classroom door. Mrs. Owens called me over out into the hall, and my mom says "Guess what?!" and I say "We got the baby!" and I got to leave school to go to Columbus to pick him up. I was so excited! At the adoption agency, there was a rocking chair next to the bassinet for the mother to sit in and hold the baby for the first time, but I ran over and planted myself in that rocking chair before my mom even had a chance to see SJK. I got up then, and went over to the bassinet, and there he was, the absolute picture of perfection. Shit, I'm getting all choked up just writing about it. I love my brother so much. I tried to feed him Doritos on the way home in the car.

Anyway, I'm feeling very good these days, other than nearly slipping into a coma on Thursday. What had happened was as follows: Monday, I wake up, feeling like shit. Congested chest, cough, no voice, etc. so I took the day off work. Well I knew it was my allergies because this is the time of year that they come around for me, and the news had reported pollen and such being high. Tuesday I felt shitty, Wednesday I felt shitty, but not shitty shitty, just kinda like blah from taking all the Tussin and so forth, and not getting any sleep cuz of all the coughing. In fact when Poke came over on Wednesday he ended up leaving at 3am cuz my coughing was keeping him awake! So Thursday morning, I wake up, literally gasping for air. My chest hurts like someone has a huge weight on it (no big tit jokes please, they only weight 8 lbs each thank you) but I attribute it to all the coughing and go to work. I called the doc office to make an appointment because it just doesn't seem right that I'm out of breath constantly and I'm afraid that I might have contracted walking pneumonia like I had about six years ago. I get into the doc office around one thirty-two o'clock, and he listens to my chest first thing. I had a slight fever, only about 99 degrees F, and my blood pressure and stuff were okay. So anyway, he listens to my chest and tells me that if I had chosen to say, take a nap instead of coming in to see him, it's possible that I could have slipped into a coma because my lungs were so inflamed and constricted that I was basically suffocating and not getting any air into my lungs and very little oxygen into my brain. I'm like GREAT! So they gave me two breathing treatments right there in the office, and I felt a LOT better after those. I got four prescriptions, the z-pak, steroids (to take the swelling down), an inhaler, and some super cough medicine pills. Fuckin' great. So glad I didn't go into a coma, that would have sucked big time. Instead, I just got some ghey bronchitis cuz my allergies made drainage which went into my lungs. Fun, fun.

Friday night Poke and I went out to Groucho's, and it was pretty fun. It sucked at first, because Eric Clapton decided to have his concert on the same night as karaoke, so no one was at the bar. It was me, D*Martin, Cat, Poke, Philly, and a few other people from about 21:30 til 01:00 when people finally started coming in after the concert was over. I tried to sing but failed miserably, well, I mean, I can still carry a tune when I'm voiceless there's just no voice to carry that tune on! So we had fun, and it was a good relaxing time. When we got home BI (my new roommate) was unpacking some more of his stuff, so we talked to him for a minute, then went upstairs and had the greatest sex I've had in awhile. Oh, it was awesome. Then we fucked around on the computer for a little bit, talked to BI some more, pet the cats, and had some more sex. I think we finally fell asleep around 5am. The best part was when we were just laying there and enjoying each other, and he told me he loves me. I love it when he says "I love you" cuz I know he means it.

Saturday Poke worked during the day and I laid on the couch. I also ate a quesadilla. It was very boring but that's fine, my weekends aren't all rabble-rousing anyway. Saturday night there was a party at RS's place. We thought it was only gonna be like 10 folks or so, but it ended up being about forty. I knew some people there, but it was a little bit weird because a lot of them knew me before Poke and I broke up and so it was just awkward, especially since Poke had brought this one chick over there a couple times... But it wasn't too bad, we got drunk of course, had some good conversations with strangers, and had an overall fun time. On the way home Poke and I got into a fight though, cuz he was going on and on about how awesome the party was and I told him that I didn't think it was all that awesome because I was kinda uncomfortable. He got a little offended, and I was just like, I don't know, offended that he was offended and couldn't understand what I was trying to say. He dropped me off and I didn't even invite him in, and he drove away. I called him a few minutes later, and while we were talking he's like "Oh shit I just got pulled over" and I knew he was drunk so I got all worried. Well then he doesn't answer his phone, I'm texting him and calling him and not getting any answer, so I'm freaking out. I call D*Martin and JW, to see if they can get a hold of him. D*Martin finally calls Poke's brother who confirms that Poke is indeed home and safe. So, now I'm pissed that he's not answering the phone and letting me worry and freak out. I end up crying and crying and crying and talking to Cat and then I just chill with BI and watch American Pie until 5am when I finally go to bed.

Sunday I woke up to my dad calling and saying they were on their way to come get me. I felt shitty, but luckily my mom called back and said I should stay home so I didn't get anyone sick and so I could rest. And that is exactly what I did. I laid on the couch, watched Discovery and History channel shows about Jesus, txt msgd Poke awhile, and that was that. I also loaded the dishwasher and ate some dippy eggs. Well I had decided that I wanted Poke to take me on a real date, a fancy date, so I told him to pick a place. He picked Mitchell's! Yay! It was fucking awesome (expensive) and delicious. We love that place, for sure. We both had the same thing, a glass of Cakebread Cabernet Sauvignon (which Poke actually remembered the name of and how to pronounce and everything! Without me reminding him which was my favorite!), Filet Mignon in a champagne creme sauce with rosemary speared shrimp and scallops, and Cameron's mashed potatoes. OMG, so good. SO GOOD! I can't express it enough. It was quite possibly the best date I have ever been on in my entire life. We had such good conversation, talking about us and what has happened and what will happen, talked about the band he's going to be in, about his brother's pretensious music-making ability (or lack thereof!), our friends, everything. It was perfection, for that one hour at that table, nothing in the world was wrong or bad. Here I go again, getting choked up... At the beginning of the meal, while we were eating bread and I'm just kinda staring at Poke cuz he's all handsome looking *blush*, he looks at me and says "There's no place else I'd rather be" followed by "All of my good times have been with you" and I literally almost break down crying right there. I keep it under control though, not shedding a tear, and I just ask him if he's serious and he says of course he is. Then we talk about how we really are a great couple, and how we're so much better than any random couple who would rather watch NASCAR and eat at McDonald's than enjoy each other's company in an adult setting (such as a bar or fancy restaurant) and then Poke said a very interesting thing - "We're not any run of the mill fast food couple. We're a real couple." *sigh* Perfect.

We ended up going to Eldo's, even though it wasn't originally in the plans, and it turned out to be a good decision. Dreggs and his girl were there, JA and his girl (his ex girl, I guess, but they still seemed like they were together, hell if I know), TomCat, Ace, D*Martin, The Sir, Sanddogg, M0053, man, fucking everyone was there! It was awesome. I don't remember the last time I had so much fun at karaoke with so many people. When I went last week with Valdez and Cat and all them, on "opening night" it was super fun, but last night was different because the place was packed and it was all... festive? Awesome? Radical? Shit, it was just fuckin' rockin'!! At the end of the night we all headed down to Hounddog's, which was great. Poke and I fucked in the car in the parking lot, which is something I have never done, and it was hot. Super hot. Then after we fucked I gave him a blowjob cuz I just wasn't ready to be done yet. That was also fucking hot. Seriously, Poke and I have the best sex ever, it's great. But I digress. After all the sex, we emerged from the car to where our friends were waiting on the stoop for us, and headed inside where somehow there was pizza and garlic bread and we were eating and I don't remember ever ordering anything... but it was all good. I don't even know if the pizza I ate belonged to our friends or not, shit. Oh well I haven't died yet so I'm sure it was all gravy.

Overall, a very good weekend. I love my boyfriend. I'm so glad he came back to me.


Here you can read about how awesome SJK really is.

No comments: