20 May 2005

Sublime

The sublime (from the Latin sublimis (exalted)), refers in aesthetics to the quality of transcendent greatness, whether physical, moral, intellectual or artistic. The term especially references a greatness with which nothing else can be compared and which is beyond all possibility of calculation or measurement.

Sublime was a
garage punk band from Long Beach, California, playing a mix of reggae and dub, ska, punk, and hip hop. The band consisted of three members: Brad Nowell (vocals and guitar), Bud Gaugh (drums), and Eric Wilson (bass guitar).
From 1988 through the early 1990s, Sublime toured heavily throughout southern California and garnered a substantial following of surfers and skater punks. The band sold their initial recordings at live shows—including the album
40 Oz. to Freedom—but eventually the song "Date Rape" made its way onto the playlist of Los Angeles radio station KROQ. This airplay caught the attention of MCA, which signed Sublime to record Robbin' the Hood in 1994. The album became a college radio favorite, and prompted a second major label studio effort for the band.

For some reason Sublime makes me think of SB. It is very irritating because I love Sublime. SB was at the Zue last night. I did not acknowledge his prescence at all. Fuck SB. I walked right past him and didn't even say a word. Z was there with some friends of his. I like him. He is a very nice guy. Then M**cus came in a started talking shit to me about last Friday when CCC and I were in there. He said I was talking smack and trying to start drama. I was already having a bad day and his dumb fucking mouth just made it worse. I told him to go fuck himself and left the bar to go to Eldo's. GG was there and they had karaoke so it wasn't too bad. DR showed up and we made plans for a date tonight. Somehow my tits were more gigantic than usual because my buttons kept opening. Moose found that hilarious. DR bought me a pitcher of Bud Light. I was like, "You know I just want someone to buy me one little draught beer for $1.50!" So he bought me a whole pitcher. I was so emotional that the fucking whisky and beer hit me hard. I went back to Zuey's in the hopes that M**cus would be gone and he was, but Keith was there and he wasn't being very nice and made me cry. I was crying into Mc's shoulder and being very sorry for talking to his lame friend (I told his friend that all Irish guy's had whisky dick when they were drunk because he was irritating the fuck out of me.) He bought me a shot (something Irish sounding but its Bailey's and Jameson mixed) which I thought was awfully nice. I ordered a beer but I couldn't drink it because I was crying too much. I felt like a big loser but I had dealt with so many bigger losers this last two weeks it was like I just couldn't stand it any more. I knew a big cry fest was coming up because I've been very emotional lately and on the verge of tears for almost two weeks. Oh well. Luckily nobody was really there since it was so late so I'm not terribly embarassed, but still. I don't want to be that fucking psycho chick who cries in the bar. Seriously. Oh well, oh well. I give up truly. I think from now on I'm going to stay home and do nothing. I have $20 in my bank account and I have to make it last until the 31st. I can't afford to be drinking the way I have been this time around. Also, I have been told a lot lately that I'm terribly obnoxious that hurts. I know I'm loud when I drink but I never thought of myself as obnoxious. Apparently I am quite. I don't know, these people are just assholes. I should start going to Noodles instead of Zuey's. I'm just tired of the whole crowd there. Too often I'm hurt when I leave or upset or offended. And drunk. I don't want to get a DUI - 30 days in jail will kill my career and my life. And if I killed someone it would be even worse. If I killed myself only well then whatever it's my own fucking fault for being a dumbass driving drunk. I'm worried about everyone else, just like always. How many times have I sat and paid for someone to get ripped with me? How many times have I thrown n all the cash for a teen and blow down with everyone and they don't even offer to thrown in a single buck or buy the beer or anything? I always do do do for others and no one ever does for me. Well I shouldn't say never - GG buys me a drink here and there, so does TG, and the guys from work buy me lunch sometimes and little things like that. I just feel completely used by so many others that its almost like the little things that I appreciate (I really do) just don't matter that much (even tho I do appreciate them.) People are just fucking dumb. I need to move away to somewhere that nobody knows me, where I can start fresh and not even think about anyone else. Maybe I will sign my apartment over to Yo and move to Arizona with my next paycheck.

No comments: