24 May 2005

The Letter

The following is a letter from me to TM, who is currently serving 18 months for a felony of domestic violence:

My dearest Tony,
I hope you are enjoying your vacation - You certainly deserve it! I'm sure the lodging and other accomodations are 5 star, to say the least. And I can't imagine how many great new friends you must be making. It's a good thing you're making new friends, too, because nobody out here in the free world is interested in being friends with you any more... Well, that dumb stripper, Janie, claims that you two are engaged, but she's the only one interested in you. Even Karly doesn't want to talk to you. In fact, the only person expressing any remorse was Glen, and I think he was just being nice.
I wanted to thank you for getting me addicted to cocaine and almost ruining my life. Also for lying to me about the following things:
1) You've never been to Brooklyn, let alone lived there.
2) You're not even Italian (we checked!)
3) You never spent 3 years in prison at once, especially not for murder.
4) There was never any doubt as to who Mason's father was.
5) You and Yolanda were never divorced and just living together "for the kids."
Of course, on some level I do blame myself for trusting, believing, and loving you, even though your story didn't always make sense. I never would have slept with you if I knew you were married. I would have tried to keep you from other chicks - or helped you work on your marriage. That's what friends do. You've made it so obvious that you never loved me, as a friend or otherwise. It hurts so much to think that for the last three years I have been nothing but used - by Matt, by Tony, and by you especially. I almost hate you worse than Matt because at least he and I fought - you were always great, always there for me. Well, until I wised up and caught onto your lies, one by one.
The lies still baffle me. I don't believe anything about you anymore, except for what I've seen. What I've seen is pretty cut and dry too - I've seen you beat a kid up in Hounddog's parking lot 5 years ago (the only real fight I've ever seen you in!), I've seen you blown down an 8-ball of cocaine alone, I've seen you be a little too rough with your kids (for my taste), I've seen you abandon your family to drink and do drugs... That's all I can think of right now.
So I know you must be dying to hear about what is going on in MY life! Well, let's see. The day you went to jail, Lani finally got fired. At the end of this month I am getting my own office. The same week you got locked up, I met Scott's brother and we started kinda dating. I messed it up though, so badly, by getting drunk and overly bitter about Scott. Imagine that! I've fucked a few random guys since then, including having a great threesome with two of "Eminem's" friends. That was interesting... Of course he wasn't involved because he can't hardly ever get it up! Haha! Although the last few time I was with him were pretty wonderful. I love having sex with men - Don't you? I'm sure a cute little thing like yourself has had no problem becoming someone's "special friend."
You know Tony, I really did love you - more than I ever loved a friend and more than I ever even loved my ex-husband. You could have had it all - I'm not talking about a relationship between us - I'm talking about a life - I got you that job at AFLAC, I helped you with stuff for your kids... and in return I was lied to, stolen from, and hurt.
One last thing - I've made a really good friend lately - her name's Yolanda.
Love,
Kelly

No comments: